Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RetouchPRO LIVE 1/3/15 - Lee Varis

Hair Masking

I am so pleased to announce our first RetouchPRO LIVE show for the new year features a new guest artist, someone whose work I've admired for literally decades: Lee Varis.

Lee is a photographer and photo-illustrator whose work has been featured on movie posters, video/CD covers, and in National Geographic and Fortune magazines. Lee is also the author of Skin : The Complete Guide to Digitally Lighting, Photographing, and Retouching Faces and Bodies and Mastering Exposure and the Zone System for Digital Photographers.

We'll spend a few minutes talking about Lee's career and viewing some of his work, answering any audience questions along the way. But the majority of the show will be spent with Lee discussing hair masking. He's tried every approach and isn't shy about sharing his opinion about them, but he has perfected his own technique that he'll be sharing with us. And he's looking forward to answering all your questions.

Saturday January 3, 2015 3pm Central US time
    (there's a timezone converter on the registration page)
    Click here for free registration
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Re: RetouchPRO LIVE 1/3/15 - Lee Varis

would be wonderful learning this technique from a master such as lee-varis, doug … regretfully, am unable to attend the online seminar tomorrow. would be nice if it was taped and uploaded to youtube … such as steve-caplin and others.

Comment

Assuming no problems it should be up on Youtube Sunday. Check our Youtube channel then. http://youtube.com/retouchpro
      Learn by teaching

Comment

second-shift has it's benefits … disadvantages as well … appreciate the courtesy, doug.

Comment

The recording of this show is now up on YouTube
          http://youtu.be/iNJoF4lytkA

Please subscribe to our YouTube channel to be automatically notified of future uploads.
          Learn by teaching

Comment

doug … i wish to thank you for submission to youtube … thought the content of the video was concise and relevant. many helpful q&a, as well as different scenarios, helped to push a nominal production well outside the envelope.

also appreciate lee's prowess and expertise … some nice moves on his part.

while i have utilized multiply-blends (as well as others) in the past … had never considered photographers utilizing 128grey background … that really blew me over … small wonder the hard-blend would work with it so well.

the bonus is the one or two questions i had in mind … were almost identical with those from other members watching the seminar live. kudos to you and the others, doug.

thanks again for your courtesy.

Comment

I really enjoyed the tip utilizing 128 gray backgrounds for easier hair masking. I look forward to passing this information on to my clients!!!

Lee has a great way of explaining to the viewer. I have tutored a few people who wanted to learn masking and getting them to grasp the concept was not all that easy.

Thanks for the great service to this community, Doug!

Comment