Out of Bounds - Video Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Bounds - Video Tutorial

This video tutorial will show you how to create the "out of bounds" look in your photograph. It was created with Photoshop CS2, but should work in all versions that support layers. [details]

Below are before and after shots

Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Swampy; 05-02-2008, 04:33 PM.

Re: Out of Bounds - Video Tutorial

Thank you Swampy.

HS

Comment

Another great tutorial Swampy, Personally i like the video ones as it is like looking over someones shoulder watching them,I hope you are enjoying making them and will you take requests ?

Palms

Comment

I don't know if I can take requests. The band may not have the sheet music, you know? LOL
        I do enjoy making them and passing along tips and tricks. I have such a hard time with the tutorial publisher (some java script thing) that I'm glad I can finally "pay back" in some small way all the folks that have helped me so much around here.

Comment

Bravo!!!
          Very well done: clear, simple and very well explained!!!
          What did you use for the screen capture?

Originally posted by Swampy
          This video tutorial will show you how to create the "out of bounds" look in your photograph. It was created with Photoshop CS2, but should work in all versions that support layers. [details]

Below are before and after shots

Enjoy!

Comment

Frank, Thank you!

I use Snapz X with movie capture from Ambrosia Software, but I think it is Mac only. I'm sure there is something similar for the PC. My iSight camera's michrophone serves as the microphone through Snapz.

Comment

Have been looking for this tutorial for Paint Shop Pro for weeks.

Can anyone here do this on PSP?

I know I could probably convert it for PSP, but haven't had much success trying this in the past. Either PSP does not have similar functions, or settings are different. I usually wind up with something about half as good, if I get anything useable.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Conway
                Have been looking for this tutorial for Paint Shop Pro for weeks.

Can anyone here do this on PSP?

I know I could probably convert it for PSP, but haven't had much success trying this in the past. Either PSP does not have similar functions, or settings are different. I usually wind up with something about half as good, if I get anything useable.

Steve
                Are these any good for you Steve

http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com...ounds_ew.shtml

http://www.flickr.com/groups/oob/dis...7594369432431/

Palms

Comment

You Bet! Just what I was looking for.

Even a bonehead like me can follow these. Very nice.

And thank you.

Steve

Comment

It would have been nice if it was closed captioned for the deaf. Unfortunately I am deaf and I can't follow the video.
                    I have googled for other tutes , but have a hard time following it.

Comment

Diane

The basic steps.

1. I drew out a vertical and horizontal guide to define the lower right portion of the frame. Just a visual reference. Not a real necessity.

2. On a new Layer with the marquee tool, draw your frame.

3. Because you have a transparent selection on a transparent layer, you must use the Edit->Stroke (from the PS menus) to stroke your frame. Make sure you have INSIDE button checked as the source of the frame placement. (Center or Outside will give you rounded corners and the pixels may fall outside your desired frame)

4. On your background layer, create a loose selection around the areas that you want to "pop" out of the frame. I say loose, because the only part of the selection that needs to be accurate is where the frame and petal edges meet.

5. Jump your selection to a new layer (Command+J on a Mac). Or use the menu option Layer->New Via Copy.

6. Change the stacking order in your layers palette so that the petal selection is on the top.

ADDENDUM....

At step #4 you may alternately just add a reveal all mask (White) to the frame layer and use a 100% opacity black brush to paint away the frame area that overlaps the petals.

Comment