Correcting Perspective Distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correcting Perspective Distortion

Sometimes camera lens distorts image perspective. The effect can be easily remedied with Photoshop CS2 Crop tool. [details]

Re: Correcting Perspective Distortion

Thanks. An excellent demonstration of an often overlooked feature.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Thanks. I had noticed that check box there before and had wondered what it was for. I immediately went to play with it. By the way it works in CS too.

Syd

Comment

At the risk of stealing your thunder, I might add that making a copy of the picture to be straightened and correcting it with free transform is a nondestructive way to make the correction. That way if you goof, as I often do, you still have the background layer (original) to revert to. This technique has helped my cropping and straightening tremendously.

Janet

Comment

There is also the Distort->Lens Correction filter. It allows for vertical and horizontal perspective as well as barreling corrections. It also has a scaling capability to increase the size of the corrected picture to fill in the "lost corners" that are often the result of standard rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Petty View Post
            At the risk of stealing your thunder, I might add that making a copy of the picture to be straightened and correcting it with free transform is a nondestructive way to make the correction. That way if you goof, as I often do, you still have the background layer (original) to revert to. This technique has helped my cropping and straightening tremendously.

Janet
            Thanks for introducing more clarity. It's something so automatic, I didn't think of
            reminding others of this step

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• amtb
              Unusual perspective problem
              by amtb
              This is a problem I have not met before and so far I haven't found an answer.

The shot was taken on the down escalator of a London department store. I wasn't too careful with it and thought it would not be very difficult to correct the perspective so that it looked as if it had been...
              01-07-2005, 01:15 PM
            • ziggy25
              Fixing perspective/distortion
              by ziggy25
              I am trying to learn how to fix a distorted picture in CS4 but cant seem to get it right.

The main problem i think i have is im not sure exactly how to fix the distortion. I usually use one of two options in CS4. Either rotating the picture or using the "Distortion" options...
              05-01-2010, 06:56 AM
            • Nacoya
              CS2 lens correction affects sharpness - why ?
              by Nacoya
              Hi,

Just noticed something i had never picked up on before.

I have an image i took last week

~ here ~

i then used lens correction in photoshop. Straight line to level the image in line with the boat. The result as can be seen is a complete...
              07-29-2006, 04:09 PM
            • lajones3
              Fixing perspective in panoramas
              by lajones3
              I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place....

I have a 360 lens, which basically is a curved mirrored attachement that allows you to point your camera straight up and take a 360 picture. You pull that into a program and "unwrap" it.
              What I need help with...
              11-26-2007, 02:52 PM
            • pure
              Photoshop CS2 - how to use new perspective-tool ?
              by pure
              using the new perspective filtertool of Photoshop CS2, i would need a movie to learn how to use it.
              i tried it but nothing happened. reading the Photoshop help, sounds too complicated.

any hint?`

i got a room to correct, the horizontal lines are a bit distorted,...
              03-12-2006, 03:52 PM
            Working...
            X