Adding text to a picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding text to a picture

I want to add text to some pictures and I have been successful for 4 or 5. When I tried to add the text to the next picture, I was unable to get a cursor or to write anything. I could make the text box all right, but no text would appear in it. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Thank You.
    Hannah

Re: Adding text to a picture

have you checked your text color? white on white is difficult to see :-)

Comment

Yes, I've checked that. Could it be that some images are made so that you can't write over them?

Comment

I always add information text to photo's border.

Comment

Without having the file and layers available it is hard to tell what the problem is. I would check the layer order to make sure that there is not a layer if front of the type layer that is blocking it out or that the layer is part of a layer set which has a mask applied which is masking the text out. Also check the type size to make sure it is not set so large that it does not fit in the text frame.

Comment

I have seen this problem when I started out working in PS. For me, it was the size. Generally if the font size is toooo big and small text area, it doesn't show the text. Reduce the font size and increase the text area. Once you see the text, then you re-size it.

Comment

I'm afraid that it isn't the size. I have the text set at 30 points. I'm using the same font and size on several other pictures and it worked fine. This problem only seems to show up on 2 pictures and they are photos of artwork.
              Hannah

Comment

Take a screen shot of your layers when you are typing the text and post it here
                (one way to do that is to hit the 'Print Screen' button on your computer open a new document in Photoshop (file>new,OK.... Edit>paste - to place screen shot into photoshop... save for web... post here)

How to attach Files/Images to your Posts or Threads:
                (Click here)

If you use Photoshop you can post fairly large pictures which are under 100k using the 'save for web' function in Photoshop as described here:
                Size, Quality and/or Format your Attached Images.. (Click here)

Comment