Paste Inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paste Inside

Here's a big favorite of mine. The Paste Inside property of Fireworks allows you to paste an image inside an object. You can get really amazing images in the shape of circles, hearts, ovals, diamonds etc. here's what you need to do:

# Make the shape that you want using the ordinary shape tools found in your toolbar (e.g. circle, rectangle etc.)
    # Place the photograph within the shape
    # Select the image and cut it (Cntrl +X)
    # Then select the shape and click on Edit>Paste Inside (Cntrl+Shift+V)
    # The picture is now placed within the shape. If you want to move the picture within the shape, click on the white arrow in the toolbar and select the picture. Now you can move the image within the shape to get the perfect position. The image and the shape is now an object. If you select the object with the usual select tool, you can add cool effects like an inner bevel or a drop shadow. Play around with it and you can get some really professional looking graphics. You can also paste multiple images within a given shape

Re: Paste Inside

would you provide an example...thanks

Comment

Is that the same as the Paste Into command in PS?
      Make a selection, copy pic from another window, Edit>Paste Into. Move pic around inside selection. It puts it in a layer mask. Doing it with a feathered selection is pretty cool too.

Comment

cs5 is shipping with a new command called paste in place. does similar to what colorexperts is giving a tutorial on. check out this video by deke.
        http://www.lynda.com/home/Player.aspx?lpk4=64040

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• albatrosss
          Paste vs Paste Into
          by albatrosss
          What is the difference between Paste and Paste Into. I find that I am able to use both interchangeably but there must be a difference. Would someone please tell me what this difference might be?

Thank you.
          10-11-2007, 11:54 AM
        • scribbler
          selections within image
          by scribbler
          Can anyone guide me in where to find tutorials on selecting an object/area within a photograph so that I can use it elsewhere.

I have been using Paintshop pro for a short while and now I have only just purchased a 2nd hand version of Photoshop7 but have scoured the web in search of such...
          04-11-2005, 06:10 AM
        • Hoover
          How is a selection rotated without the image
          by Hoover
          In HP of PE2 pg62 steps 3 & 4 is says to lasso the area to be patched so as to get the right size and then drag the selection boundary to the patch sample area. It then says the boundary, as I understand it, can be rotated, flipped or sized as needed before coping the replacement patch. I cannot...
          11-09-2008, 11:29 AM
        • T Paul
          Selection Tool
          by T Paul
          You can use the selection tool to make copies of your selection quickly and easily. My standard practice for copying a selection is to select it then copy (Ctrl+C), paste (Ctrl+V). However, I just learned a neat little trick today.

1. Open an image
          2. Pick a selection tool...
          06-16-2005, 11:56 AM
        • BrianF
          How to simulate Load Selection from other document
          by BrianF
          I'm trying to go through some of the exercises in the Eismann book on retouching, and I'm doing one that involves using Load Selection from another document, to generate an edge mask, I think. Is there a series of steps I can take to get the same result in PSE3?

Hmm. Somehow it looks...
          06-15-2005, 06:00 PM
        Working...
        X