Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm just getting started with Elements !!

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• mkh
    Convince me
    by mkh
    OK, first some history.

I've been out of photography for quite a few years after having my own darkroom when I was in highschool in the '70s. Now I've gotten the digital bug and I have a Fuji Finepix and plan on getting a DSLR next year. I would like to get serious about this as a hobby...
    12-06-2003, 05:35 PM
  • Dezzy
    Photoshop from Elements 11
    by Dezzy
    Can someone tell latest version of Photoshop. there are CC versions which I think are cloud use and do they require internet connection. And are CS versions on the computer and don't need internet connections. Or is Elements 11 good enough without upgrading to a full photoshop ???
    01-27-2017, 11:29 PM
  • Diya
    Elements 6 Updating.
    by Diya
    Every time I start up my organizer it updates. It usually takes about 3-5 min. to update. It has just started doing this and has never done it before. Anyone have an idea why it is doing this?
    Thanks, Diya
    11-29-2008, 08:56 PM
  • xxpaperdollxx
    Hmm.
    by xxpaperdollxx
    I have Photoshop Elements, but I'm not sure what I'm lacking from the full version of Photoshop. A lot of the people on this board use a whole bunch of editing styles (I've seen the word 'curve' used before), and I don't know what to do.

Have I missed a major tutorial? I feel so lost...
    04-07-2005, 08:48 PM
  • MartyA
    New to Elements 7
    by MartyA
    Hi,

I'm an After Effects using that wanted to be able to import PSD files with layers and Elements seems to work well (which is good since I can't afford PhotoShop right now).

However, I see that when working in Elements, I can't pull guides from the rulers, which is something...
    02-03-2009, 10:47 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just getting started with Elements !!

They say the best place to start any project is at the beginning. I've been taking pictures for over 50 years, and I really need to know which tutorial to start with. I am in the process of loading up OLD family photos (many are older than I) to associate with people in my family tree. I've scanned the first group into my computer (with several more groups to go). The pictures are of assorted sizes and quality--some from professional photographers--and up to 8" x 11"; many were taken with hand-held cameras.

So, where do I begin to find out what Elements 11 is designed to do, and how to use it--preferably in simple language?

Re: I'm just getting started with Elements !!

What kind of editing do you want to do for the images? There are number of Photoshop tools, if you can say that which type of thing you are looking for then I can give you some suggestions.

Comment

Re: I'm just getting started with Elements !!

Why not start with some of the Adobe tutorials
      http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-photoshop-elements-11/

Comment

Working...
      X