Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conk
    replied
    Here is an example of using Procreate knockout that took about 15 minutes to complete.

Before
    http://www.pbase.com/image/20713441.jpg

After
    http://www.pbase.com/image/20713446.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    Replacing a Background

This is a tutorial in removing a background from a picture and replacing it with another. [details]

Leave a comment:

• heathrowe
    replied
    very nice tut
    tnx for the heads up

cheers
    heathrowe

Leave a comment:

• Stella
    replied
    What a wonderful tutorial

I am very impressed. Give it 5 stars for usefullness and making the difficult easy.

I've been trying to do this sort of thing ever since my purchase of Adobe Photo Deluxe 3 or 4 years ago with mixed results. The photographer never showed up at my wedding 43 years ago (on the day of the biggest snowstorm in New York City history, so I guess he had an exucse). We took pictures a month later in my old bedroom against the the most ugly drapes you ever saw.

I've never tried this particular technique, but I intend to do so. One of the things I like about Photoshop (and yes, I've got the full scale program) is that there are multiple ways to do things.

Thank you also for the hints about that slight blur to meld the resulting silhouette into the background. That should take care of the hard edge problem nicely.

I'll also take your hint about keeping a backgrounds folder. One of the problems of trying to reconstruct the Wedding photo that never was is making a reasonable background for it.

Leave a comment:

• DannyRaphael
    replied
    Bud:

You've been published! Good for you.

Thanks for putting this togther. A stellar effort.

~Danny~

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    Tutorial: Replacing a Background

View here
    Last edited by Doug Nelson; 07-24-2003, 01:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• summertimerules
    replied
    Thanks Rachel,
    That was a great tutorial, it worked pretty well for me. There are some new things I never used before and learned how to use. Like the background eraser. And the adjustment layer with the levels...that was great!! Thanks a lot.

Just one question...how did you get the countryside sky to fit in the harbor background...mine was a little small and I ended up stretching the countryside sky to fit in the background...but I'm not sure if that would print ok, with the stretching or what...

Is that what you did? stretch the sky to fit behind the boat?

Leave a comment:

• Flora
    replied
    Hi Rachel!

Thank you very much for your tutorial!!!
    It really sounds great !

Leave a comment:

• Wanda Schwind
    replied

Rachel, thanks for the tutorial I am new to PS7 and masking, I find this tutorial very easy to follow, I am going to use it today
    Thanx!

Wanda

Leave a comment:

• Rachel
    replied
    Sorry about the link, this was hosted on a freebie site. I'll move it over to my domain later this weekend.

I'm not sure about PS 5, but I wrote this tutorial when I had PS 6.0 and it still applies for 7.0.

Leave a comment:

• Ed_L
    replied
    That one works. Thanks Greg.

Rachel,

Thanks for the tutorial. The background eraser is something I haven't played with, but now I've got a reason to do so.

Ed

Leave a comment:

• DJ Dubovsky
    replied
    That did it. Thanks Greg.

Great tutorial Rachel. Thanks. I'm definately book marking this one.
    DJ

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by DJ Dubovsky
    Rachel,
    I get no where with the link either. Check your message to see if the address is correct. Can't wait to see the tutorial. Sounds like a real handy one.
    DJ
    See if this works:
    http://www22.brinkster.com/raychel/pstut1.html

Leave a comment:

• DJ Dubovsky
    replied
    Rachel,
    I get no where with the link either. Check your message to see if the address is correct. Can't wait to see the tutorial. Sounds like a real handy one.
    DJ

Leave a comment:

• Ed_L
    replied
    It seems to be a broken link for me. But I really would like to see it. I'll check back later.

Ed

Leave a comment:

Working...
X