Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    it works!

Thank you, Flora! I turned off my default downloading program and was able to get the De-Crack action without any problem. I'm excited to try it out...

Leave a comment:

• Flora
    replied
    Hi 6789,

welcome to RP!

I've tried downloading the Quick De-Crack action just now and it worked perfectly .... but, lately, I'm familiar with this kind of error message when trying to download images as well...

A possible workaround:

copy the 'Link Location', paste it on a new window/tab in your browser and try to get to it this way ...

Leave a comment:

replied
    downloading Quick De-Crack

Hi,

I'm having trouble downloading Quick De-Crack. I get an error message saying that it's "forbidden". Any ideas?

What a great web site! I appreciate the tutorials and everyone's input.

Leave a comment:

• therookie
    replied
    Originally posted by rnbluvva
    I really would love to try this action, but it's not working in PS CS 2. Anyone know how I could make it work?

What I am running in to is this:
    Load ATN and run

At Step 3 (Copy) I get a message that says "The command 'Copy' is not currently available".
    I pressed 'Continue" and then at Step 6 (Paste) I get a message that says "The command 'Paste' is not currently available".

I pressed continue again (just to see what happens) and it can't do anything because the active layer is empty.

If anyone could go through the action to see if it can be fixed, or if you know of an updated action that is PSCS2 compatible, I'd love to get a hold of it to see if it will work for me.

You can download the action HERE

Thanks
    I flattened mine and only have one bg layer called Background and it still doesnt work. (PS CS2)

Leave a comment:

• rnbluvva
    replied
    Skyarcher,

Thank you so much for explaining how to split the actions. I will attempt to do that later this weekend.

Glad you are enjoying the music

Leave a comment:

• Skyarcher
    replied
    Thanks Natalie!

While over in other thread, I noticed that you asked about how Flora split it up, into minimum/maximum - light/dark

Open your Actions palette, click on Decrack.atn to open folder if not already open. Then click on the very first line in that action. Go up to the top right arrow - click, then click Duplicate.

What I did here, was to change name of first set of actions to DecrackDARK, scrolled down and enabled Maximum. Then changed name of second set to DecrackLIGHT, scrolled down and enabled Minimum.

What I also did and it has helped me, was to enable Brightness/Contrast for both.

I'm working from smallest High-Pass settings up on both sets. And so far getting pretty good results, I think.

Hope this helps. And again, thank you for response.

*Listening to you music - how wonderful! Thank you! *
    Last edited by Skyarcher; 02-16-2006, 05:20 PM. Reason: Added sentence to bottom.

Leave a comment:

• philbach
    replied
    Decracking

Well I didn't make an action but that could easily be done. I took the image and copied it to a higher layer using a darken blending mode. I then used a median blur filter to eliminate most of the scratches.

Then to apply the blur to the white areas only I used a blend if Gray greater than some number like 210. It only took a minute and could be fine tuned and could be turned into an action. Only the real bright areas i.e. the white ones got blurred. You could probably follow up with a layer mask and touch up too.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rnbluvva
    replied
    Skyarcher:

Check this thread:
    http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=48

I posted my result there as Flora had helped me out with some action issues.

I am going to try some different tweaks later today to see if I can get better results. It works pretty well on the small cracks.

Leave a comment:

• Skyarcher
    replied
    Originally posted by rnbluvva
    In case anyone runs into this thread... the Decrack works if the image is flattened and there is just the 'Background'.

Thanks for Flora for assisting me with this.

Would love to see the results from the action that you got.

I just downloaded it and am praying that it helps cut down time on restoring Katrina images that I'm working on.

Leave a comment:

• rnbluvva
    replied
    In case anyone runs into this thread... the Decrack works if the image is flattened and there is just the 'Background'.

Thanks for Flora for assisting me with this.

Leave a comment:

• rnbluvva
    replied
    Decrack for Higher Versions of PS?

I really would love to try this action, but it's not working in PS CS 2. Anyone know how I could make it work?

What I am running in to is this:
    Load ATN and run

At Step 3 (Copy) I get a message that says "The command 'Copy' is not currently available".
    I pressed 'Continue" and then at Step 6 (Paste) I get a message that says "The command 'Paste' is not currently available".

I pressed continue again (just to see what happens) and it can't do anything because the active layer is empty.

If anyone could go through the action to see if it can be fixed, or if you know of an updated action that is PSCS2 compatible, I'd love to get a hold of it to see if it will work for me.

You can download the action HERE

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rnbluvva; 02-12-2006, 01:51 AM. Reason: Attach Image

Leave a comment:

• photofixer
    replied
    This action is kind of amazing.... :-)

I am using Photoshop CS also, Shironex, and the action works just fine. It downloads as a zip file though, so maybe that's the problem you're having..... did you click on the file to unzip it before installing? After unzipping it, place the Decrack.atn file in your Photoshop Actions folder (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS\Presets\Photoshop Actions)

I realize the action was written for version 6, but CS handles it well..... I really recommend trying it:-)

Sharon
    http://www.pbase.com/photofixer

Leave a comment:

• shironex
    replied
    Shironex

I am using Photoshop CS and downloaded Quick De-Crack and I have put it is several places in the program and I can't find it when I open Photoshop.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?

Thank you in advance,

John
    [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    Quick De-Crack

[details]

Leave a comment:

• Tim Edwards
    replied
    a setting of 4 is quite aggressive...

Anthony,

Try running a few iterations with a setting of 0.4 rather than 4, maybe ending with an iteration of 1.5 or 2. I'll bet you'll get better results... The smaller settings will ignore lower-contrast edges and focus instead on the high-contrast damage.

The idea of the action is not necessarily to get rid of EVERY crack (some of the large ones will likely remain), but to get rid of pervasive amounts of smaller damage that would take hours to fix by hand. You'll note that in the tutorial image, some cracks still remain, but nothing too hard to fix in a couple of minutes.

Regards,
    _Tim

Leave a comment: