No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
    [Definition] Unsharp Masking
    Doug Nelson
    Janitor
    by Doug Nelson
    "Unsharp Masking" sounds like a bit of an oxymoron. The term goes back to pre-digital prepress days when they'd make an image appear sharper by sandwiching it with a slightly blurred (unsharp) copy of the same image.

The effect then was the same as the digital effect now: the...
    01-31-2002, 06:57 PM
  • skydog
    There must be a better way...
    skydog
    by skydog
    Any suggestions on avoiding or retouching halos? I have a decent camera and good glass, but when I sharpen...even a little I see those dreadful halos. I typically used layer>desaturate>a little highpass filer and overlay to sharpen which does a good job, but I hate the halos. Typically I shot...
    10-18-2009, 08:50 PM
  • philcrean
    LAB Sharpening method
    philcrean
    by philcrean
    Hi all

I'm new here and have been searching for a method to sharpen using LAB lightness channel. I can't find any info on this by searching forums or tutorials.
    Can someone point me towards something if I've missed it, or, can you offer an insight into this method?

05-27-2009, 08:00 AM
  • jtd131
    Sharpening, but which one?
    by jtd131
    Hey, can anyone post a link for or explain the essential differences between the sharpening options in PS? I mostly use high pass, but not sure why, I just like it. I used to use unsharp, but heard I shouldn't. so.. I have been trying to figure out when to use what, but am getting mixed info. Any...
    01-14-2009, 11:19 PM
  • T Paul
    Sharpening
    T Paul
    by T Paul
    There are several ways in Photoshop to sharpen an image. The most commonly used are Unsharp-Mask (USM) and High-Pass filter.

USM Filter Basics: Sharpening increases the contrast at the edges of an image, ie, makes the dark pixels darker and the light pixels lighter. USM has three controls...
    08-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Working...
X