Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoothing Unwanted Textures

View here

Jakaleena submitted this amply illustrated tutorial on Smoothing Unwanted Textures.
    Last edited by Doug Nelson; 07-24-2003, 01:08 PM.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Thank you for such a valuable tutorial Jak. I saw you use this method in another forum thread to help someone with a problem like this and I was hoping you would make a tutorial on it. Great job of the tutorial also with lots of visuals. Very easy to read and understand.
    DJ

Comment

Simpley awesome!

Jakaleena...

As a token of appreciation from the silent majority, these are for you.

Thanks so for taking the time and effort... a truly exceptional job.

~DannyR~
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh wow, I'm jealous Jak. Digital roses and they will never wither and die. You lucky gal you.
        DJ

Comment

Re: Simpley awesome!

Originally posted by DannyRaphael
          Jakaleena...

As a token of appreciation from the silent majority, these are for you.

Thanks so for taking the time and effort... a truly exceptional job.

~DannyR~
          Thank you, Danny. <Smoooooooooch!>

Gosh, y'all - if I'd known I'd get ROSES, I'd have written a tut waaaaaay sooner!!!

Comment

Thanks very much Jak for a great tutorial. As Deb said, the visuals help a lot. I'm going to print this one as a keeper, and maybe I can even get into the habit of using the three images like you do. Thanks again.

Ed

Comment

DJ: Here is one just for you, the difference is, I grew it, and scanned it directly.
              greg
              Attached Files

Comment

For Me??? Oh thanks Greg. Nice scan. Like what you did with the background. Sure is pretty. And best of all, it will never die.
                DJ

Comment

Believe it or not, I did quite a bit of restoration on the flower, as it was not picked, it fell from the plant.
                  greg

Comment

Never would have known it wasn't in it's prime of life. Now if I could only find a way to work that kind of magic on me.
                    DJ

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Dubovsky
                      Never would have known it wasn't in it's prime of life. Now if I could only find a way to work that kind of magic on me.
                      DJ

Why do you think I have some Arab, instead of my pic on the avitar:-)

Comment

Thank you Jak for the wonderful tutorial - I've been unsuccessfully trying to restore a photo for a friend of mine and nothing seemed to work. In five minutes using your method, I'm almost done!!

Wish I had some flowers to send!

Keep up the good work,
                        Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by winwintoo
                          Thank you Jak for the wonderful tutorial - I've been unsuccessfully trying to restore a photo for a friend of mine and nothing seemed to work. In five minutes using your method, I'm almost done!!

Wish I had some flowers to send!

Keep up the good work,
                          Margaret
                          That is so cool. I'm so glad it helped you out with your friend's restoration... That you found it useful is as good as flowers in my book!

Thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Smoothing Unwanted Textures

This is just my method of dealing with cracks and textures that appear after scanning some very old photos. I've found that this method works better for me than most other methods I've tried. I've also found it effective on prints that have a canvas texture added, old E-surface prints and files that are just pixellated or covered with artefacts.&nbsp;[details]
                            Learn by teaching
                            Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Working...
                            X