• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Images Look Sharper

View Here

I have this trick I use to make soft images look sharper,
    so I've written a tutorial for it.
    Last edited by Doug Nelson; 07-24-2003, 01:46 PM.

wow, those are excellent tutorials you keep putting out Jak!! I'm learning lots from them. thanks!

- David

Comment

Yes - definitely COOL!! Thanks so much for sharing this. It's not something I've seen anywhere else. I like how you adapted it from your traditional retouching techniques.

Jeanie

Comment

Originally posted by jeaniesa
        Thanks so much for sharing this. It's not something I've seen anywhere else. I like how you adapted it from your traditional retouching techniques
        It's like I mentioned to Doug - I think I invented this one. I don't remember anyone ever teaching it to me, and certainly not digitally. I could have possibly gotten it from a fellow traditional retoucher, but I've been using it so long that I honestly don't remember being taught to do it. It's so basic to my technique that I had almost forgotten I even do it, except today I went to do it and all of a sudden thought of writing a tut for it.

I'm really glad you guys liked it...

Comment

Great tutorial Jak. I've done something similar in the past just to give the appearance of sharpness when the unsharp or overlay weren't enough.
          DJ

Comment

Interesting... I also worked sometimes this way... when images are too small and i had to blow them up to over 200% i traced the edges with a smear tool and then make them cleaner, especially eyes, mouth etc., doing the same you describe in your tutorial. Then after shrinking the image to 50%-70% and applying a sharpening filter, the results becomes cleaner as the original was with a bigger image size. - Cyberartist

Comment

Originally posted by Jakaleena
              I think I invented this one.
              Then again, perhaps not....

Comment

Dont mind... I also thought i had "invented" my odd colorization method, but some days ago i saw another one who did the same on the photo of Lisa / Challenge #12 in Photo Retouching.

Comment

I can't believe this one has been here almost 2 months, and I just saw it! Excellent tutorial Jak. And one that will surely come in handy. Thanks bunches.

Ed

Comment

You're welcome bunches...

Comment

Making Images Look Sharper

One trick I found over the years is how to make a slightly fuzzy image LOOK like it's sharper. This doesn't always work as well as I hope, and for images that are downright blurry, there's really no help. But some soft images can be faux-sharpened. [details]
                      Learn by teaching
                      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Working...
                      X