X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Layers

View HERE

A very basic layers tutorial.

Feel free to add any advanced layer tips of your own to the discussion (Sets, locking, clipping groups, layer masks, groups, adjustment layers, etc.).

Last edited by Doug Nelson; 07-24-2003, 01:45 PM.

And I thought you were all out of tut ideas! Shudda known better. I think there's a need for more basic tuts, as we're getting to have a pretty large membership. Undoubtedly, some people will just be getting started, and these will really come in handy.

Ed

Comment

Tutorial: Layer Masks

A natural follow-on to this tutorial (nice job, Jak!) is the also well-written tutorial on LAYER MASKS authored by Doug Nelson.

~DannyR~

Comment

Using Layers

Are you confused by layers? They're very useful, and once you get the hang of them, they're indespensible!
         [details]
        Learn by teaching
        Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• gpeisach
          create and use of multiple layers in photoshop
          by gpeisach
          HI there

I've been browsing the challenges section and noticed that many of you use "multiple layer technique".
          I'm a newcomer to the Photoshop world - could someone please explain what this technique is and how to use it? (or point me to a tutorial on this)/
          06-03-2004, 10:21 AM
        • DannyRaphael
          Tutorial (link): Layers, Layer Masks, Photoshop, Elements
          by DannyRaphael
          Program: Photoshop

The content on "layers" applies to any program that supports layers.

- - - - - - -

The concepts of using layers and layer masks seems to be ones rookies (and some old timers) struggle with. This tutorial includes practical examples...
          03-15-2006, 08:40 AM
        • Sharon
          Merge Layers Tip
          by Sharon
          In PhotoShop Versions 5 & 6, to have a flattened layer above your individual layers you do the following:

1. Create a new layer above all your other layers.
          2. Hold down the Alt key.
          3. Go to Layers, Merge Visible

Now your have a flattened version...
          12-12-2001, 04:10 PM
        • DannyRaphael
          Tutorial (link): Layers, concepts, understanding
          by DannyRaphael
          Just about every dimension of photoshop or Painter or PhotoPaint or [insert name of your program here] uses layers.

For many rookies the concept of layers takes a while to gel.

If you're still not quite sure about layers, check out this excellent tutorial. The fog will...
          11-07-2004, 09:54 AM
        • Canna W
          Stuck in a tutorial
          by Canna W
          I don't know whether or not people are allowed to ask for help when stuck in outside tutorials, so please let me know if I'm out of order....

Anyway, I'm stuck!

Basically I've reached the bottom of this page here - just above the last example picture....
          10-02-2008, 04:49 AM
        Working...
        X