Quick color cast correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick color cast correction

Digital cameras have indoor and outdoor settings. The white balance in particular may cause problems. In this case a flower was shot outdoors with the white balance set for indoors. Using Photoshop you can correct this with curves. [details]

Short, to the point, and an excellent technique, thanks.

I'll just add that you can doubleclick on the eyedropper to fine tune what it calls "white" (but that's another tutorial for another day).
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Nice and easy! I think there's a call for basic tuts like this one. Good job.

Ed

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• bestremera
        How to correct this incredible color cast
        by bestremera
        This is a Photomatix exposure fusion (not HDR) composite of 3 exposures. I know I was going to get a crazy color cast so I put that white card on the floor hoping that clicking on it with levels/curves white dropper would fix the color. It didn't. It blew out all the highlights and a strange color cast...
        08-02-2012, 04:31 PM
      • Photoshop_Tim
        Are Color Correction & White Balance the same?
        by Photoshop_Tim
        Greetings!

First time poster here on RetouchPRO, however, I have been an avid "viewer" for some time now!

I have a question regarding color correction... I have noticed on PhotographyBB.com a tutorial for color correction using levels, but now I am a little confused:...
        10-30-2006, 12:45 PM
      • Jeff L
        Another Quick Fix for Unwanted Color Cast
        by Jeff L
        A down and dirty way to correct unwanted color cast using one adjustment layer in Photoshop 7 [details]
        10-27-2003, 09:01 PM
      • jasosmith
        Getting White Balance Right?
        by jasosmith
        Maybe not so much a retouching thread - but a critical issue in post production work.

I shoot RAW and come processing time there are some images that I find very difficult to attain the right white balance. In this instance I started by clicking an area of the dress - but its still not...
        01-07-2007, 02:41 AM
      • Lorlee
        Dirty White Seamless
        by Lorlee
        Well the seamless was not actually dirty but boy it caught lots of color casts! I took this picture outside and the sun was behind me so I had to use my black fleece to keep the sun from shining through the seamless. Now I do not have a clean seamless. I have tried many different ways to get a more...
        04-23-2010, 12:35 AM
      Working...
      X