Using the Gradient Map for effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the Gradient Map for effects

You can get great effects using the gradient map adjustment layer. [details]

An interesting technique with lots of possibilities for experimentation.

Thanks for publishing it.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• st.james
      "moveable" gradient
      by st.james
      I saw in a tutorial how you could make the gradient sort of loose, where it isn`t limited to the size of the canvas, so you can move it anywhere you want it in the picture.

Can anyone refresh my mind on how to do this, I forgot :-?
      01-08-2009, 09:43 AM
    • nebgranny
      Helo with Gradient Mask
      by nebgranny
      Can some one post information on applying a gradient mask to a photo. I would like an explaination that would read easy for someone still new to using photoshop please.

I think I remember Gary posting some information on this before but could not find it in a search .Thanks Neb :rai...
      06-09-2006, 12:13 PM
    • groovigyrl
      Gradient Map
      by groovigyrl
      Hi all,

I'm experimenting with the gradient map and haven't been able to get too far with it. Argh. When I add the new adjustment layer for gradient map, my image switches to infrared (it looks like a film negative). It doesn't give me the box with the slide bar gradient that should automatically...
      10-14-2011, 07:57 PM
    • atholg
      Gradient maps
      by atholg
      I have been restoring images for OPR for some time. My efforts at replacing damaged color leave something to be desired, particularly when the area is high contrast and there have to be subtle hue and saturation variations to achieve a natural result.

A search located http://www.reto...
      07-18-2010, 06:27 PM
    • Canna W
      Gradient tool:angle gradient
      by Canna W
      Like everyone else, I use the gradient tool all the time with layers' masks, and find it absolutely invaluable. There is one of its settings though that I can't understand at all - it's the third one along - the "angle gradient".

I am really curious as to how and why one...
      01-16-2009, 05:12 AM
    Working...
    X