How to publish a tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to publish a tutorial

Writing and publishing a tutorial using RetouchPro's tutorial publishing system. [details]

Should be required reading for new members, since it takes the scare out of publishing. Thanks!
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Just to share a pleasant suprise I had.
      If you write the tutorial in Word, you can cut and paste the text to the tutorial window and (a lot of) the formatting gets transferred automatically.
      I haven't tested this but as I remember at least: font, underline, bold, and color are OK.

Comment

That's true, BUT... most of the problems we've had with people getting formatting gone haywire, etc. stem from cutting-and-pasting from Word or similar applications. So I try not to encourage it because it leads to long sessions of trying to sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah
          That's true, BUT... most of the problems we've had with people getting formatting gone haywire, etc. stem from cutting-and-pasting from Word or similar applications. So I try not to encourage it because it leads to long sessions of trying to sort it out.
          Leah, thanks for the advice.
          Guess I've just been lucky up to now

Comment

I got a question for you...

I wrote a psp tutorial on how to turn a photograph into a colour pencil sketch...now i didn't know about how to upload a tutorial and i just read it and sorry i still don't understand it, i work more with html and scripts so tell me can i add mine with html or do i have to follow a precedure of sorts?

Legacy~

Comment

You have to upload the images as per the instructions, but other than that if you know html you can switch to source view and do it in html. We don't encourage it because that's the easiest way to mess it up, but if you know what you're doing there's no reason why not.

I could easily upload it based on the linked tutorial you posted, if you'd like. But can you explain what you don't understand about these instructions? They are meant to be a simple guide so if there's a problem with them I'd like to know about it.

Comment

Tutorial Software?

I was just wondering what software is being used to publish the tutorials. Unless it's a trade secret

Comment

It's an old app called nephp. It's no longer supported, which is why the design doesn't match the rest of the site. I hope to replace it soon, but it's not going to be easy.
                  Learn by teaching
                  Take responsibility for learning

Comment