No announcement yet.

Using the FFT filter to remove photgraphic paper texture

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Gerald McClaren
    Using the FFT filter to remove photo paper texture
    by Gerald McClaren
    Hi! Can someone please explain to me in the thread "Using the FFT filter to remove photographic paper texture", in the section "Put the colours back".
    Slide, with shift pressed (to align), your (now un-textured) luminosity back layer on top of the original(that's the one we...
    12-28-2014, 01:19 PM
  • yardkat
    Tricky FFT
    by yardkat
    Hello everyone,
    I'm having some difficulty with an image from which I wish to remove texture. I've tried ImageJ, Image Analyzer, and the FFT PS plugin, and the result is the same with all three. It processes the image fine, but when I zoom in on the FFT (the cross and stars thing) there are...
    06-06-2011, 09:26 AM
  • Habanero
    FFT making transparent images
    by Habanero
    Hi everyone! Photo restoration is a hobby of mine, so I'm happy I found this place. I've been restoring some old photos of a family friend and thought to try the FFT filter on the harsh texture of the paper. Come to find out FFT only works on patterned texture, not frog skin texture. It's kind of charming...
    09-11-2011, 05:28 PM
  • Nu2retouch
    FFT and Texture Removal
    by Nu2retouch
    I think I'm in a bit over my head again. I'm trying to restore a picture of my mother's father. He died when she was a little girl, and I think this is the only photo they have.

The photo has a texture to it. I've read here that you should remove the texture first. So I've been reading...
    11-21-2009, 06:18 PM
  • Gerald McClaren
    Honeycombs on entire photo
    by Gerald McClaren
    Hi!, How is everyone doing? I'm doing fine. I would like to know how can I restore this photo, when the picture is enlarge I had noticed that it is full of what I called honeycomb. I never seen anything like this in a while. The whole photo has this honeycomb all over it.
    I tried to smooth...
    11-19-2007, 10:32 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Using the FFT filter to remove photgraphic pap

I just downloaded Iamgej for Mac OS10.5 and I have no idea how to use it. How do you get it to work with Photoshop CS5 or do you have to use it as a stand alone? I tried to open a old pic in ImageJ that was saved as PSD file and it would not open I can open it as a jpeg someone please give me step by step instruction how to use IMAGEJ for dumbest lol because I am lost

Comment

In the same thread look for my post here.

Comment

Has anyone used this with Windows 7? If you have, could you please send me the link for the plug in and instructions how to install it. Thanks.

Ok, so I found the file and I downloaded it and unzipped it. I am running Windows 7 64 bit and Photoshop CC 2015. I copied the FFT_RGB file to the plugin folder for Photoshop, but I've done something wrong. When I try and use the filter, I get this message "could not complete the FFT RGB command because of a disk error". I've probably done something wrong but I have no idea what it is. Can someone help me?
        Last edited by photomom5; 01-02-2016, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Here is the link
          You could use Image Analyzer instead.

Comment

Working...
          X