Epson R800 ink waste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epson R800 ink waste

Hello everyone, I am a newbie on this site and have a question. I searched the forum for an answer but did not find one.

I have the Epson R800 printer and think it is a super printer. I am into making Giclees for my watercolor business.

My question is this. When you change out an ink cartridge and the printer does it's thing, does it do a cleaning and waste the ink in the other cartridges?

It seems like it does by the levels shown. If so, is there any device on the market or a software driver so it doesn't do that?

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

Rich

Try epson R800, R1800 CIS from InkRepublic

there is a very popular solution provided by InkRepublic.com

InkRepublic Epson R800, R1800 CIS bulk ink system:

http://www.Inkrepublic.com/ProductDetail.asp?item=R800

Reviews:
    http://www.Inkrepublic.com/reviews.asp

Installation:
    http://www.Inkrepublic.com/Installation.asp

Their system can avoid Epson's charges, also you can get so much cheaper but good quality on ink.

You probably can save up to 80% by avoiding ink waste and by using bulk ink.

Comment

Thanks for the reply and info David.
      I have looked at the continuious ink system but I don't think the amount of printing I do would justify the cost. It does look good though so I may have to rethink it.

To bad there is not another cure for the problem.

Rich

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Marnell
        I need help on using generic ink jet cartridges. I have Epson R200
        by Marnell
        Hi
        I am so sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, I did a search but couldn't find out any info.
        I have an epson R200 printer and am doing scrapbooks. The cost of the ink is impossible to afford and I recently purchased G&G cartridges and they seem to print my photo's fine,...
        09-09-2007, 10:17 AM
      • rnbluvva
        Epson R800 Bulk/Generic Ink Providers
        by rnbluvva
        Anyone know where to buy Handsome Generic Ink Cartridges for the Epson 800. I got a bunch of off eBay when i got the printer there, but I can't seem to find them on eBay anymore. Or is there any other good bulk generic ink for the R800?

Thanks!
        06-07-2008, 07:31 PM
      • CN-SinoPIS
        SinoPIS Ink Bulk
        by CN-SinoPIS
        Our company is from Shanghai of China. We manufacture ink bulk ,kits ,compatible,Embedder pressure cartridges and auto chips for all EPSON ink jet printers and pars of Canon printers. please enjoy our pictures,thanks!

1.SinoPIS Embedded pressure cartridge

09-25-2004, 11:40 AM
      • ieciss
        Continuous Ink System for Epson HP Canon
        by ieciss
        Continuous Ink System
        Don't waste any more money buying ink cartridges. Introducing a new product of the spongeless ink cartridges suitable to use with the CISS systems (Continous Ink Supply System). No need to buy new cartridges when you use this plug and play Continuous ink system. Suitable...
        08-08-2005, 02:19 PM
      • outac
        Ink Dumper For Epson 7880, Epson 9450, Epson 4800
        by outac
        China Outac CISS is the most experienced ink-jet products and services company in China. We provide the high quality printer consumables products at competitive price with excellent after the sale support, including:

* Continuous Ink Supply System(CISS/Bulk ink system)

02-22-2009, 10:17 PM
      Working...
      X