computer safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer safety

I am going on vacation so I thought this is the best time to take my Mac in to have the DVD/combo drive fixed. Since I do all my banking, bill paying, etc. online, if I remove the cookies and history is there any place else I need to worry about that people could pick up my passwords? Any help is appreciated.
    ~Nancy~

i'm fairly sure different software would hide passwords and card numbers differently. why not just take the dvd-combo drive out of the machine and take only that in to them?

Craig

Comment

That is a great idea, thanks!

Comment

you're welcome

if this were on a pc, i'd say just go get another. they are fairly cheap any more. but since it's on a mac, i dont know. i've heard some mac hardware is pretty expensive.

Craig

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Doug Nelson
          Mac warranty
          by Doug Nelson
          I was wondering if anyone paid for the extra Mac warranty where they come out to your home and fix it? Is it worth it?
          04-18-2005, 08:21 PM
        • Craig Walters
          Microsoft ***** - down again
          by Craig Walters
          i lost my c: drive yet again. this time it only lasted about two years and i came --> <-- that close to buying a Mac two days ago... and if this re-installation of software doesnt start getting easier, it's a sure bet i will. heck, even if i hadnt had troubles, i went browsing the macs at a local...
          12-10-2008, 09:32 PM
        • Axleuk
          PC Vs MAC ?
          by Axleuk
          OK this thread is a kind of spin off from this one http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sho...?t=9439&page=2 , but how many people use Macs and how many use PC's ?

For those of you that have made the switch from PC to Mac, how long did it take you to get to grips with the OS and...
          PC
          57.87%
          Mac
          25.46%
          Both
          16.20%
          Other
          0.46%
          01-02-2005, 05:14 PM
        • Doug Nelson
          Why your next Photoshop computer should be a Mac
          by Doug Nelson
          I'll say right now I don't own a Mac, and I've never owned a Mac. But my next computer will be a Mac. I was planning on switching the last time I upgraded my computer, but my old computer died on a Friday and I had a deadline the following Monday, so I had to run out and spend my upgrade budget on a...
          08-25-2008, 09:37 PM
        • HroadhogD1
          Mac computer
          by HroadhogD1
          Hi, not really sure if anybody can help me, but here is my question. A friend of mine at work wants to sell the family computer. His girls are grown and out of the house now, and he doesnt use it. He said it was a 5000 once, and then he said 5L39. He really doesnt know. What would this be, and what...
          09-28-2006, 05:32 PM
        Working...
        X