Memory Card Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Card Question

I came across Kingston memory cards on amazon.com. They received good reviews and are low-priced.

A 1 GB SD memory card is $13.99
    A 2 GB SD memory card is $38.95

Is there a trick to this? I could buy three 1 GB cards and have 3 GBs of storage for the same price as a 2 GB card. Are there any drawbacks to stocking up on cheap 1 GB cards? Here's a link if you want:
    Kingston Cards

Re: Memory Card Question

No trick, you'll notice the same pattern with system RAM. The larger capacities are harder to fabricate.

Without knowing the particular speed specs, so assuming they're identical, I'd say the primary drawback is shuffling cards.

Just make sure whatever you plan on using it in can handle the higher capacity cards.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Re: Memory Card Question

Do you know if it'd work in a Canon Powershot A620?

I looked up Memory Cards in my manual, and it didn't say what kind it took. It just described how to format it and write on its label (ex: use felt-tip pen, not a hard ball-point).

I know it takes SD cards... also, do you know the difference between 1 GB SD, 1 GB-U SD, and 1 GB-S SD?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• peejay
        Help plugging in card reader.
        by peejay
        I have just purchased a USB 2 card reader/writer. I know the reader is hot-swappable but what about the memory cards? I have a CF, SM and xD card. Should I plug these in first to the reader and then the reader to the computer or vice-versa or doesnt it matter?

Thanks

peejay...
        01-16-2004, 04:50 PM
      • pavel123
        graphic card
        by pavel123
        I was considering increasing PC performance by putting in a new graphic card (currently I have an integrated with motherboard card, low budget solution from Dell). Does anyone have any experience....theoretically this should reduce workload on RAM and CPU....any suggestions for graphic card.
        06-12-2009, 08:53 AM
      • sinope
        Ati Radeon 7200
        by sinope
        My video card is an Ati radeon 7200 64mb sdr. Bios / Direct X show the card memory at 32mb.
        - I've updated bios, direct x & drivers.
        - Bios does not offer a way to increase the 32 to 64
        - Ati knowledgebase hasn't helped
        - Neither have emails to ati support
        09-23-2005, 02:19 PM
      • DannyRaphael
        Photoshop: How much RAM? Which CPU? - new PC build
        by DannyRaphael
        I have begun planning for replacement PC.

If you're using Photoshop under Win/7 (64 bit) I would be interested to know:
        * what CPU you have
        * how much RAM you have installed
        * what types of PS work are you doing, e.g., 3D, retouching, what?

...or if you're...
        04-10-2012, 02:01 PM
      • Don Majoros
        Dual Monitor
        by Don Majoros
        I would like to hook up a smaller 2nd monitor to my system,but not sure how to do it.Could anyone help?
        My system is:
        Gateway 933 w/348 mb Ram,30 gb hard drive,Pentium III processor,64mb nvidia geforce 2 gts graphics card w/tv out.All on Windows ME.
        Could anyone help lead me in...
        08-14-2002, 01:51 PM
      Working...
      X