Inkjet refill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inkjet refill

I finally had to break down and fill the cartridge in my HP 810c. I had bought a kit on line a few months ago.
    I was filled with consternation because I've heard storys and I used to work for HP, in fact on the progenitor of this printer, and there, no one ever talked about refills, we went thru hundreds of cartridges a month.
    Anyway this kit, a InkTec worked perfectly, the directions were easy to understand, the hardware all worked and I'll probably get another fill out of the kit. I think it cost about $12-15us. A new HP is $30-35.
    Even a girl could do it. Just thought some folks could use this info.

greg

Re: Inkjet refill

Originally posted by fugitive
    Even a girl could do it.
    greg
    Oh no, I could NEVER do anything as difficult as refilling an ink cartridge! Besides, I might break a nail or something...

And how could I possibly ever find the time in between beating my hubby's clothes against a rock in the river and milking the cow by hand - plus running around barefoot and preggers all the time... Whew, nope, too much for me! I just barely have time to fit my little Photoshop hobby in there between taking care of my 12 kids...

Golly, I don't know how you BOYS do it!

Comment

Hook, line and sinker !

Comment

Re: Re: Inkjet refill

Originally posted by Jakaleena

Oh no, I could NEVER do anything as difficult as refilling an ink cartridge! Besides, I might break a nail or something...

And how could I possibly ever find the time in between beating my hubby's clothes against a rock in the river and milking the cow by hand - plus running around barefoot and preggers all the time... Whew, nope, too much for me! I just barely have time to fit my little Photoshop hobby in there between taking care of my 12 kids...

Golly, I don't know how you BOYS do it!

Just had to through that in, don't know what overcame me. Only kidding, though.
        greg

Comment

Jak - Thanks for a good laugh!

Greg - Just to clarify, using the refill kits does void a warranty (if the printer still has one), doesn't it?

Jeanie

Comment

Originally posted by jeaniesa
            Jak - Thanks for a good laugh!

Greg - Just to clarify, using the refill kits does void a warranty (if the printer still has one), doesn't it?

Jeanie
            I'm afraid that goes into the catagory of small stuff. All my warrenties are expired, including the one on me.

Comment

Originally posted by fugitive
              All my warrenties are expired, including the one on me.
              All of my warranties are expired as well, but I'm hoping to get a new printer in the next few months, so it will be an issue for me then.

Jeanie

Comment

Unfortunately Jeanie, the newer top-end printers have cartridges with electronic gadgets in them to make it as difficult as possible for you to refill them (or buy pirate catridges for that matter) (Epson printers that is.)

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl
                  Unfortunately Jeanie, the newer top-end printers have cartridges with electronic gadgets in them to make it as difficult as possible for you to refill them (or buy pirate catridges for that matter) (Epson printers that is.)
                  Wow, that is like what MS is doing with their new OS.
                  greg

Comment

I'd considered using the inkjet refills on my printer before, but I didn't know that it would void the warranty on my printer. thanks for the info everybody!

- David

Comment

Originally posted by d_kendal
                      I'd considered using the inkjet refills on my printer before, but I didn't know that it would void the warranty on my printer. thanks for the info everybody!

- David
                      Unless someone from the printer Mfg is living in your house, how they gonna know?
                      No worrys mate.

Comment

Re: Inkjet refill

if you don't want to refill ink cartridge, you can by a continuous ink system(CIS), just need to refill the ink tank,that's more easy than refill ink cartridge,and the ink prefilled in the CIS can be used half a year in normal printing.

Comment

Working...
                        X