No announcement yet.

Which Wacom?

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• nebulaoperator
    Need advice on buying Wacom tablet
    by nebulaoperator
    I have never used the tablet for retouching work but the more I learn the more I come across that people use tablet on the daily basis for retouching.Also it feels quiet silly when lots of D&B has to be done with my mouse. Click click click click....
    I want to get something budget but...
    03-03-2011, 08:01 PM
  • frank williams
    Should i buy a wacom tablet
    by frank williams
    Was wondering if i should buy a wacom tablet and if so which one should i buy,
    I use a mouse at the moment and would like to get in retouching. I have not really done that much retouching and would like some tips on were to start.
    I would like to retouch people. I have just ordered The...
    10-05-2008, 04:52 PM
  • RoCkFoRdGuN
    Tablets ?
    by RoCkFoRdGuN
    Can anyone tell me what is a good tablet to use please?

Was looking at this tablet ?
    Wacom Intuos5 Small (+/- A6) P&T Tablet
    03-26-2012, 04:42 AM
  • ashphotoart
    Which Wacom Tablet is good and affordable.
    by ashphotoart
    Hi,

Still I'm using my mouse for working with photoshop for retouching/restoration.

Now I'm thinking to work with Wacom Tablet, but I don't know which one is good and affordable. I'm looking to go on the point.

Hope someone would help me.

09-07-2008, 11:59 AM
  • themanda
    Aiptek vs. Wacom
    by themanda
    Hello all! Thought I could finally contribute something useful to these great forums.

I've been exclusively using a Wacom Graphire II at work for the last two years. I love it, and find it extremely easy to use even with the limited surface area allowed.

My Christmas...
    01-14-2003, 11:37 AM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Wacom?

Hi
    I want to first say that I am so glad this site came up when I Googled information about graphic tablets - now I have to find some time to lurk and learn.

In the meantime, I do need some expert advice.....

After using a mouse and not getting the results with my photo editing I would like I have decided to get a Wacom tablet. I'm using an iMac 20inch and PSE 4 (one day I hope to migrate to PS....).

However, the question is which one? My choices are the Graphire4 6x8 or the Intous3 4x6. Is it better to go for the 6x8 to get the larger work area or is it better to go for the 4x6 Intouos and get more pressure points and other options?

Thanks!

Re: Which Wacom?

I have the 6x8 and love it. The overall size is 10.5 x 13 so desk space can be an issue. I just barely have room for mine, but when not in use I store it standing on the bottom edge next to my printer. I don't like the mouse though. It's just not sensitive enough for me.

Do like all the extra programmable buttons on the Wacom though. Handy for zooming in and out etc.

Comment

intuos is much better.

Comment

I just ordered Wacom Graphire4 Classic (White Edition). It seems to have Corel Painter Essential 3, (other models has version 2) which is the latest. Also i'm planning to upgrade my monitor to wide screen version next autumn, and i would need to buy a new wide tablet then? and upgrading to Intuos3 wide seems to be a good option also? That is if i like using tablet, as i have never before used one.

Comment

Zekeode, No need to purchase a new tablet just because you get a larger screen. The Wacom software lets you set the aspect ratio of the tablet to the screen area.

Comment

Is it worth the extra 100.00 bucks to double the number of pressure steps? I dont really care about the extra buttons. I also note that the Graphire4 doesnt have an airbrush or an art pen available while the Intous does. Has anyone used the art pen? Would it make the purchase of the Intous worth the extra 100 bucks?

Comment

Working...
            X