Intuos3 tablet

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• WebDesigns
    Tablet dilemma... Advise needed
    by WebDesigns
    Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance for posting another noob questions thread, but, I'm in the process of choosing a tablet, and have questions for a change...

About the use: I do web design and will soon be taking a course on multimedia design. I need to be able to create...
    01-30-2008, 05:23 PM
  • North Coast Fox
    Wacom Intuos5 Professional Pen Tablet
    by North Coast Fox
    Any one use one of these? Can I get by with a medium or hold out for a large?

Can I use the mouse with the tablet and pen...how do you find a point on a small screen?

Any thoughts....Thank you.......
    10-14-2012, 07:12 PM
  • swagman
    Tablet Help Please
    by swagman
    Hi All, I have just bought a tablet. It's a wacom clone 1/2 price of a wacom graphire 3 & this could be my problem too cheap!!!! (& nasty???) Comparing the mouse & pen using the eraser tool in PS 7, with the mouse when I left click hold & drag I get a good clear erase but with the Pen...
    01-19-2004, 04:45 AM
  • alceria
    Wacom Tablets
    by alceria
    Hello. I was just wondering who here uses a Wacom Tablet or something similar and who uses a mouse? I've never used a tablet because I don't really use Photoshop for a lot of drawing and figured it was more of a tool for a real artist. The other thing is that I really, really like my present mouse...
    12-17-2002, 12:24 PM
  • Kristin
    Aiptek Graphics Tablet 9x12
    by Kristin
    I just bought an Aiptek graphics tablet (9x12) in the states. I decided that it was a much less expensive investment than the $860 canadian price tag for the Wacom one. Does anyone use an Aiptek tablet? I literally just installed the software for it tonite so I could use any feedback anyone has to...
    08-01-2002, 01:32 AM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intuos3 tablet

I took the plunge and bought one of these (A5 size) for just over 200 quid. Very impressive and will obviously do a lot more than I'm doing with it. Don't know how it works, must be magic! In fact I needed to draw a straight line so I placed a wooden ruler across it as a guide and the pen even worked through that!
    The thing is I noticed after using it for about an hour that the bottem edge of the active area had risen slightly, and further investigation revealed that it doesn't appear to be held down at the bottom but is anchored firmly at the top. The thing is I'm now worried that I might catch it and cause damage. Has anyone else experienced this? I could tape the botom edge down but this is hardly invisible, I had thought about a few dabs of glue. Any comments?

Re: Intuos3 tablet

bodegg... Welcome aboard. You will learn to love your Wacom.

The tablet may be designed so that you can lift the film and place something under it to use as a guide to trace. My first tablet was made like that.

Comment

Also, to draw a straight line (at least in Photoshop). With the brush tool selected click with the pen (or mouse), hold down the Shift key, and click where you want the line to end.

No rulers needed.

Comment

You'll not regret your purchase, BTW don't let those express keys go to waste, assign them to you most used shortcuts.

Comment

Sounds to me if its falling apart already that it way have been dropped at some point. I got the same one as you, and there should be no harsh edge at the bottom of the active area. DON'T GO WITH THE GLUE! you will devalue it, they are very durable and it will retain a second hand Ebay value if you dont wreck it.

To draw a straight line as someone said hold down the SHIFT key and click twice at both ends of the line you want. Or keep it continually held down while painting to constrain the angle of your stokes to 45 degrees

Comment

There are no signs of impact so I'm pretty certain it's not damaged. The active area usually sits nicely in it's recess in the clear plastic top but it only lifted after my sweaty palms had been in contact with it over a long period. I may just put a bit of sticky tape on the corners.

Comment

Working...
            X