6x8 or 4x6 tablet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6x8 or 4x6 tablet?

I am currently using the graphire2 4x5 tablet and am looking to upgrade to the intous3 fairly soon. Would buying a bigger tablet be beneficial to retouching at all? It seem like my arm would just get more of a workout The cost between the two doesn't matter. (I wish I could justify the cost of the cintiq tho!)

Right now my reasoning is to buy the 6x8 even though I know that I might be turning it down closer to the 4x6 area...would be good to know that I have the extra room if I need it, however if I know I wont be using it then its a waste of $75 and deskspace

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Re: 6x8 or 4x6 tablet?

If you're a painter or draw-er, get the larger size. But for Photoshop work alone, get the smaller size.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Agree with Doug, if you're a painter then a large tablet is key, otherwise 5x8 does the job. I've used both and I'm much more comfortable with the 5 x 8.

cheers

Comment

I know this doesn't help much, but get whichever one you feel more comfortable with.

Size of the tablet is no matter, it's how you feel with it that's important.

Comment

Thanks guys, I decided to go with the 6x8..BHphoto has them for 270 and their 4x6 is 230.....40 bucks is well worth it, I can always size it down.

Comment

Working...
          X