Does Photoshop save print settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Photoshop save print settings?

When you print a file, does PS save the printer settings along with everything else for that file? Is it necessary to check Page Setup, Print with Preview, and Print (Print Settings, Color Management) every time you want to make another print of a file, even if all you want to do is repeat what was already printed from that file?

In other words, not changing anything from the previous printing? I'm not talking about making 2 or 3 copies of a file at time of printing. Many times I go back to a file some time after making a print to run another print. I just need to know if I have to go thru the tedious process of Page Setup, Print with Preview, and Print, etc., every time I want to run a print of a file I've already printed.

I should know this by now.

Re: Does Photoshop save print settings?

on the mac it saves that info with the file, not sure on the PC side...

Comment

Thanks, Pixelzombie. I forgot to mention I use a Mac.

Comment

This sounds like an issue PS3 had with Epson scanners. If you are running PS3, have you downloaded the latestest 10.01 release from Adobe? It has tried to correct these issues.

Doug

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• skiwolf9
          Not screenshots
          by skiwolf9
          What is the easiest way to print out from this forum the tuturials without loosing the last couple words? I have to print in the landscape mode on my printer or I loose a few words per line. When printing in landscape it uses twice the paper. Thanks G
          03-30-2006, 01:46 PM
        • christo
          OS (?) problem
          by christo
          Something weird is going on. I do some work for a local NPG, and when it is print time, I FTP the printer PDF files. I do a save to file (then pick the appropriate printer designation) Since the last time I did this (about a month ago) I have noticed that every time I open a pdf file and try to print,...
          09-16-2006, 02:41 AM
        • Ben
          Printers: HP 7150 printer does not print psd files
          by Ben
          I have a Hewlett Packard 7150 printer. It does not seem to want to print out psd files is this normal or do I have to convert the psd files to another format? I hope I am not the first to come up with this silly question.
          11-12-2002, 12:10 PM
        • Mig
          Printing
          by Mig
          Many of you in here are professionals with this kind of thing.
          Here's the thing... you have file of some sort, a customer gave you a pic, you scanned it, worked it up in ps, now what? You need to print it, but how? What print services do you use and in what format do you save the file for...
          08-23-2002, 12:24 AM
        • xaar128
          Xaar, Spectra, Konica Minolta print heads
          by xaar128
          We are suppliers of new original Xaar print heads, Spectra printheads,
          Konica Minolta print heads, you can buy it online:
          www.printheads-online.com
          Worldwide shipping by EMS.
          09-05-2010, 11:01 AM
        Working...
        X