Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent idea, Greg.

Comment

I hope this helps anyone who cannot find the degauss button on their monitors.
      If I may. I went away for a week and my monitor was stored on the floor out of sight. When I got back the monitor had 3 big blue/purple patches on the screen. The obvious answer was a degaus but my monitor appears not to have a degauss button. After investigation I found out that some monitors have an automatic degauss which operates when the monitor is switched on. (I dont usually switch mine off, just the PC) So, I switched it off and on a few times and hey presto, its fine again. In fact one can hear the monitor degaussing itself each time its switched on.

Comment

Charles,
        For your first post, you sure turned out a great tip to know. Welcome to Retouch Pro and thanks for tipping us off on that. Who would've figured that? I turn mine off regularly but there are lot I would imagine who allow the sleep mode instead of turning it off completly. Hey, glad you decided to jump into the fun.
        DJ

Comment

DJ
          thanks for the welcome. What I posted may be common knowledge but if it helps just one person, Great!!
          Thanks again
          Charles

Comment

Working...
          X