No announcement yet.

Another "Stupid things we Do" - Call for Help

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Sanda
    Stupid things we do.
    by Sanda
    I'm not sure if this is for the Hardware or input/out put section, but here goes.
    I had a job recently for which I had to design and print 600 double sided flyers, all in full colour. The quality was quite good but both the customer and I knew that only a small percentage of them would even...
    08-14-2002, 05:10 PM
  • beth313
    Patients is wearing thin!
    by beth313
    Hi all,

My HP photosmart 7900 series crapped out on me. It started printing horribly grey images. So, I have researched and researched and researched to no avail. I went to a store yesterday and the guy talked me into the HP D7460 printer. Well folks, it prints exactly the same as...
    05-25-2008, 01:32 AM
  • gblount
    Ink Cartridge:Epson Stylus 820 Photo
    by gblount
    After sitting for 2 or 3 days without being used, the color cartridge in my Epson Stylus 820 Photo will quit applying 1 or more colors. This has happened several times and even with new cartridges.

I can usually clean the nozzles several times and get it to working again, but this...
    12-11-2002, 09:51 PM
  • Sam
    "Compatible" inks
    by Sam
    HELP!

I'm having serious problems with my printer/ink setup, which I hope someone can advise me on. My printer is an Epson 1160 and up until very recently, I have been using Epson cartridges - all fine and dandy. HOWEVER, now that one cartridge costs about the same as a small car (thanks...
    12-12-2001, 06:32 AM
  • TC108
    Continuous Ink System for Epson R1800 - Need Advice
    by TC108
    I'm thinking of buying a CIS (Continuous Ink Supply) or refillable cartridges for an Epson R1800, but don't really know where to start or even if in my case it would be a viable option - any advice/information would be greatly appreciated!

I want a pigment based ink, and one that will...
    08-10-2007, 10:18 AM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim.... I'm not quite sure what you mean. I've used the Fantastic on the sponge where the cartridges rest in home position. In fact I've done it twice on overnight with printer off... and once all day with printer off. I've removed the cartridges and put the tubing over the little spikes that stick up and used several drops of Fantastic in each... the blown them out with compressed air and then used rubbing alcohol in tubing and blown out again. I don't know where you're talking about using paper towels. It still appears to me that when the cartridges are in the home position that the black one is not over the sponge.... does that make any sense? It looks like just a piece of hard black plastic there.

I'm trying to enclose picture I snapped with cartridges in changing position. The part circled in yellow looks to me like where the black cartridge rests when machine is off or in home position... The part circled in red is where the colored cartridges rest.
    Attached Files

Comment

Mesca,

Sorry about the lack of clarity. I shouldn't try to write replies while constantly being interrupted by the contractors (I'm getting my kitchen remodeled).

What I was trying to suggest, was that since the sponge would not contact the bottom of the black print head, you could try putting a paper towel with some Fantastic on it under there. Since the idea is to get the cleaner to wick up into the orofice of the print head to loosen the dried ink, if there is no contact of wet surface to print head it can't wick, thus the paper towel to stand in for the sponge.

I'm sure this must be very frustrating to deal with. I know I would be...

--tks

Comment

Sounds like a great idea... but how the heck do I get the paper towel under it?

Comment

I've got a Stylus Photo EX, which is considerably older so I don't know if this would work for you 1280, but when you move the print heads over to put the Fantastic on the sponge, put a piece of paper towel in the area where the black ink heads sit that is over the plastic area you pointed out on your picture.

In my EX there is a space where you could put the edge so it wouldn't catch the print head when it returns, it would have to be a folded piece and fairly thin. I'd also leave part of it up so it could be pulled out before moving the head off it.

Looking at the EX I can see that there is some danger of catching the print head as you do this. It might not be worth the risk.

Good luck
          --tks

Comment

Working...
          X