No announcement yet.

Video Cards

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Sharon
    Video Cards
    by Sharon
    I am getting a new computer in several weeks. P4, 1.5 GHz and all the other goodies.

The computer comes with a Asus V7700 32mb GeForce2 AGP video card. My present computer has a Matrox Millennium G200 AGP video card. Does any one know if Asus is as good a Matrox?

Thanks....
    10-11-2001, 01:32 PM
  • Stephen A
    New Video Card?
    by Stephen A
    I'm thinking of getting a new video card. I'd like to spend ~$250, however I'm willing to spend upwards of $350.

I'll mostly be doing photoshop & illustrator work, as well as stuff in Lightroom. However, I also play video games now and then - however, my work takes priority over my...
    02-24-2008, 06:55 PM
  • Doug Nelson
    What causes video "smearing"?
    by Doug Nelson
    I have a fast computer, fast videocard, both with lots of RAM, but I also get a lot of video residual effects and "smearing". For example, if one window is in front of another and I close or minimize the front one, sometimes its ghost image is left behind until I do something to cause the...
    10-24-2006, 09:55 PM
  • thomasgeorge
    ATI"All-In-Wonder 128 Pro" video card
    by thomasgeorge
    For those looking to get into the "frame grabbing" game, this video card is well worth taking a look at. Priced around $198.00, it is not exactly cheap but the features it offers and the user friendly software which come with it are definately worth the expense. This card is 32 bit and allows...
    11-14-2001, 04:06 PM
  • pepperspray
    Video card recommendations, please
    by pepperspray
    Anyone here care to recommend a good graphics card - preferably one that I can run dual monitors on?

10-17-2006, 03:12 AM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Cards

My local warehouse has got some cheap Geoforce 4 video cards in stock with 128mg ram onboard. Does anybody use this type of card? I wondering if the upgrade would we worth it or are these chipsets aimed at games players. Using Geo 2 at the moment. Thoughts?

Almost all cards nowadays are aimed at gameplayers. Gforce is a good card, and more memory isn't a bad thing, but there's been nothing introduced in years that matters to the non-gaming world (not counting workstation software like Autocad or Lightwave).
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

Chris - Unless you play a lot of 3-d action games there is no need for that card...plus it generates considerable heat and needs a hefty power supply.

Comment

Something that I found to be odd is that the Mac's come with gaming video cards although it's nearly impossible to find any games in the Mac format.

Comment

Greg I examined one of these cards and I see what you mean, twin fans and a bigger radiator than my car!

Comment

Scott - Macs are not as bad for games as they used to be...in part because of the availability of these new cards for the Mac. My Mac friends are always trying to convince of how wonderful an OS it is for gaming...but my game playing days are behind me!

Chris - 2 fans!? had not seen that one yet. They might as well start attaching small AC units to these cards!

Comment

iIf you could mount the card on some form of external bracket I could use it for heating and frying eggs!

Comment

You could get tips from this guy - http://www.vnunet.com/News/1129600

Comment

Of course you guys know that the card only gets hot when playing high demanding 3D intense games, right?

If your looking for a graphics card, look at this one.

Matrox Parhelia
                  Key features:
                  512-bit GPU
                  256-bit DDR memory interface
                  128 MB DDR memory
                  Advanced multi-display: Triple-RGB, Dual-DVI, TV output
                  High performance 2D, 3D & video
                  Surround Gaming
                  AGP 4X
                  10-bit GigaColor

The Matrox GigaColor plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop®, allows users to view extremely high color TIFF and PNG* files in 10-bit per color channel employing one billion simultaneously displayed colors. This applet is launched through Adobe's plug-in architecture and allows interactive viewing of images at the highest fidelity.

http://www.matrox.com/mga/archive_st..._photoshop.cfm

Comment

Greg, Pipped at the post again!

Comment

Working...
                    X