• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wacom Bamboo Pen - mouse replacement

Hey guys,

Can you navigate like a mouse with the Wacom Bamboo Pen
    - http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=495666
    - http://wacom.eu/index2.asp?pid=294&lang=en&spid=2

Or is it simply for photo-editing and the like?

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen - mouse replacement

Works just as well as a mouse replacement for normal computer use.

Comment

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen - mouse replacement

Dear chopz...

I think that you'll find that the stylus is terrific for anything that involves fluid movement like airbrush, but I think you'll also find that it's not so adept at precision placement of points as in creating precision path selections using the pen tool -- the stylus just isn't as easy to work with in creating and adjusting the Bezier curves. Also if you do any work in Illustrator, I think you'll find the stylus maddening at times. You can work with a stylus and do almost everything with it, but it's not always the best tool for the job. I wouldn't completely abandon your mouse. The stylus isn't so much a replacement for the mouse, but an alternative. And you'll figure out over time which tool works best for what.

Hope you are doing well. Take care. Alan.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• stevic
        Wacom tablet driving me nuts
        by stevic
        Hi,

My Wacom tablet (intuos2 6 x 8) is driving me batty. It seems to just quit working after a few minutes of inactivity (dead to the world useing either pen that I have ) I'll have to restart the computer and then it'll work OK 'til I set the pen down. Has anyone encountered this? I've...
        02-10-2004, 08:17 PM
      • James
        Pen or Mouse !!
        by James
        I've been using a Wacom pen for my work with Photoshop - but lately it's been hanging up and I have to move the pen to the top right corner of the pad to get the curser moving again. Then it will be fine again for a while. I think something is going kaput.
        So my question is I've heard that...
        03-23-2005, 05:48 PM
      • DJ Dubovsky
        Anyone use a Wacom tablet mouse?
        by DJ Dubovsky
        With the recent thread about computer mice, I wondered if anyone who has a Wacom tablet also uses the mouse that goes with it. I like the idea of a cordless, batteryless optical mouse so I was hoping someone may have had experience with it.
        DJ
        10-08-2001, 08:09 PM
      • tompenpark
        Is it time for touchscreen to replace pen tablet?
        by tompenpark
        I've read this forum and didn't find this topic so I might ask here.

I just ordered Medium Intuos 4 online.
        After talking with my friend who is Adobe rep in Thailand, I'm quite concern.

He told me that touch screen technology will come to replace pen tablet anyway....
        01-24-2010, 04:11 AM
      • shellby
        Do you use a Wacom Tablet?
        by shellby
        I am interested to know how many people use Wacom tablets. My main interest is Beauty and Fashion retouching and I am contemplating buying one.
        Yes
        79.89%
        No
        20.11%
        10-09-2005, 12:31 AM
      Working...
      X