HP color laser printer 1312

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printers: HP color laser printer 1312

I've having trouble printing color photographs with this printer. At first I thought it might be the paper but even with special laser printer paper the ink flakes off sometimes and smears over the sheet.

Can anyone recommend the right kind of paper (matte please) ? Or any other tips to getting good prints from this?

Re: HP color laser printer 1312

Nasturtium,

While it's hard to tell for sure, it sounds like the toner is not getting hot enough in the fuser assembly. Are the smears in powder form, or do they seem molten ? If powder, then the fuser is not heating properly. If molten, then the driver could be laying down too much toner for the fuser to handle.

Maybe someone else will have more/better info.

Comment

Definitely too hot then. I guess I need to learn about dot-gain, huh? Or maybe I can just play with resolution.

Comment

Resolution could help. Lasers are quite a bit different that inkjets, and quite fickle. They have to lay down toner from three drums in one pass, and hope that they overlay with the right density to create the correct color. Calibration is nearly impossible, but doable.

You may also want to check the corona wire inside the drum unit just to make sure it isn't so gummed up that it is actually dragging. There is normally a built-in cleaner/swiper thingy you just move back and forth over the wire a few times.

Also, some drivers have a setting to increase fuser time and fix the toner powder issues.

Comment

Thanks! I will try that.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• smallworld
            Scanner and Printer Purchase
            by smallworld
            I've been restoring historical photos as a hobby and am starting to get larger chunks of business and want to invest in a really good scanner and printer. Right now I am using a HP Scanjet 4400c and an HP Photosmart 8450 printer.

I'd like to be able to make prints for clients from my...
            12-25-2005, 11:54 AM
          • beth313
            Patients is wearing thin!
            by beth313
            Hi all,

My HP photosmart 7900 series crapped out on me. It started printing horribly grey images. So, I have researched and researched and researched to no avail. I went to a store yesterday and the guy talked me into the HP D7460 printer. Well folks, it prints exactly the same as...
            05-25-2008, 12:32 AM
          • imann08
            Now the printer
            by imann08
            I've got some more specific questions now. I have noticed that almost all photo printers are pretty inexpensive. At least the ones I am seeing on the major companies sites like Epson, HP, Canon, etc.

I have yet to find a photo printer that is a laser printer. Is there an advantage to...
            04-18-2006, 06:19 PM
          • Craig Walters
            HP Photosmart D7260
            by Craig Walters
            i bought a new printer a month or so ago. it's, as you can see from the title of the thread, an HP Photosmart D7260. my old printer had just never quite lived up to what i wanted, so, after quite a bit of discussion with the sales guy at Staples, i bought this one.

now, bear in mind that...
            01-15-2008, 10:31 PM
          • wetyet
            printer problems just prints color
            by wetyet
            i have an hp 2410 photosmart printer. i just put a new catridge in did a test page prints both colors fine but when i press the black button to copy or print a page it just prints color help!!!!!!!!!!!
            12-08-2007, 09:54 PM
          Working...
          X