No announcement yet.

Help!!! XP can't find my scanner

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• garfield
    xp cant see scanner
    by garfield
    OK, i have this problem i have a scanner here and it works in 98 and to the shop i bought it it also works considering it is winxp at their shop while mine at my house im usign xp and it wont work something about twain driver not found in the windows directory. i dont know what to do!!!!! HELP!!!! my...
    10-31-2003, 06:51 AM
  • efivern
    Nikon Scanner driver
    by efivern
    Hi,
    I have installed Windows XP Pro and can’t find a suitable driver for my Nikon Coolscan II (LS-20) film scanner.
    I would really appreciate it if anybody could point to a place where I could find it.
    Thank you very much.
    Enrique
    08-21-2002, 11:32 AM
  • jeaniesa
    Win2K vs WinXP
    by jeaniesa
    Well, after planning for months to upgrade to Windows XP (from Win 98), I decided to double check that there are drivers for all of my peripherals. As it turns out, there is NOT a driver for my Minolta film scanner - and when I called Minolta support about this, I was informed that there would nev...
    05-09-2002, 08:31 PM
  • Ed_L
    Arrrrrrgh!
    by Ed_L
    I've been having a problem getting my scanner to associate (?) with the new software for Windows XP. Windows kept telling me that the software was not compatible with XP, and if I installed it I could have problems. I did not install it, but it was on my system. I've been having all kinds of problems,...
    01-19-2002, 07:59 PM
  • jeaniesa
    Upgrading to Windows XP?
    by jeaniesa
    I've been wanting to start a similar thread to Ed's, but with a slightly different twist. It seems like most people who have XP got it with a new machine. I don't have a need for a new machine, but am considering upgrading from Windows 98 to XP (esp. since 98 is starting to act weird again and it...
    01-12-2002, 09:17 AM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! XP can't find my scanner

I've been tearing my hair out I just can't get my scanner to work in XP. it's an Epson 1650 Photo. I've got the new drivers for it, uninstalled everything and reinstalled about 6 times but still no joy. XP can't find it as a new piece of hardware when I boot up and it's not on the Device manager list so there's no confilict, it's just as if it was a ghost and not really there. Sorry if that is unclear but I'm getting quite stressed about it.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Sandra

Sanda,
    I can't say why this is happening to you but I will at least say that I have the exact same scanner and XP too and all works great. I know you don't need to hear that about now but I just wanted to let you know that they do work together. Now maybe someone with more knowledge of the whys and why nots can help you puzzle out what's happening with yours.
    DJ

Comment

Which interface is it using, and have you tried reinstalling the interface drivers? (USB, etc.)

Also, I've heard of instances where a non-admin user in XP had similar problems (if you're the only user, you're probably set up for admin access).
      Learn by teaching
      Take responsibility for learning

Comment

This is the driver you downloaded off the Epson site?

Twain driver v5.54A
        Windows 98/Me/2000/XP
        epson10235.exe - 3.2 MB - posted on 2/20/2002
        This self-extracting file contains the Perfection 1650/1650 Photo driver v5.54A.
        Important: Scanner must be disconnected from computer while installing.

- - - - - -
        Hate to ask the obvious, but it was disconnected while installing the driver, right?

I'm completely fishing here since this is definitely not my area of expertise. I have none of those anyway! (LOL)

Comment

Sanda, Assuming it's USB, do you have it hooked up through a USB hub? Sometimes that can cause problems. Like Doug said, you might want to see if there are updated drivers for the proper interface (e.g., USB) - in addition to the scanner. Have you tried a different (USB) cable to make sure you don't have a bad cable?

Jeanie

Comment

well after checking everything else and reinstalling the driver again I tried another cable and it looks Jeanie was right it's working perfectly now.

Thank you everybody it's great the way you all jump to the rescue we somebody needs help. I was getting so frustrated and couldn't think what else to try. Thanks guys you're great
            Sandra
            Last edited by Sanda; 11-12-2002, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Yeah!! Glad you figured it out!

I know how frustrating it is when you think you've tried everything and things still won't work! I'm just praying I don't find myself in the same position in a few days when I start putting my new computer together!

Jeanie

Comment

Good call Jeanie! I never would have thought of a bad cable...tech support is better and faster on RetouchPro than most phone support!

Comment

Originally posted by G. Couch
                  tech support is better and faster on RetouchPro than most phone support!
                  That is the absolute TRUTH!!

Jeanie

Comment

That's right Greg the tech support of Retouch pro is excellent, it took only a few miniutes for my problem to be solved, couldn't ask for more.

Comment

Working...
                    X