Need replacement for Epson 2200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need replacement for Epson 2200

I've had my 2200 for years but it's dying a miserable death. I have labels I need to print for a client so I need something pretty fast. I use this printer for vinyl labels, for specialty greeting cards on watercolor stock, and for my general use Windows printer. I don't do any photographic stuff on it, except for the specialty greeting cards.

Looking for suggestions, fast.

Thanks to all.

Re: Need replacement for Epson 2200

As your old Epson has lasted for years have you considered the replacement model for the 2200 the Epson Stylus Photo 1400?
    Do you need A3? If not perhaps an A4 would be faster?

Comment

I only really need A4. I don't suppose the 1400 uses the same cartridges? Not a deal breaker, I can certainly unload these if I have to. Is the 1400 near its obsolescence?

Comment

I just did a search on A4 epson printers and came up with the R800. This has some great reviews. Would this be the ticket?

Comment

I am sure the R800 is an excellent printer and more than capable of producing fabulous prints - enough to match any colour lab. If you need the features and are prepared to pay the price then I think it is a good bet.

On the other hand maybe something like the Epson Stylus S22 would be up to the job at a much lower cost. I suspect that most printers of this type are fairly close in spec between Epson, Canon and HP.

Comment

I appreciate the suggestion on the S22 but I think I need at least a 7 ink system to make sure I can get my specialty watercolor cards looking their best. And I do my own custom profiling so I don't want to be gamut challenged. Also, many cards are b&w's so a 4 ink system wouldn't do well at all.

I think I just talked myself into something.

Comment

Epson just released the R2000, very nice, wireless (and Ethernet built in). Its really cool to be able to print without wires. Interesting ink set too (red and orange). So I’d look into that or maybe a 2880. The prints I’ve made thus far, very nice!

Comment