No announcement yet.

Mac pro question

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• garnet01
    More than 64GB in mac pro 2013
    by garnet01
    Is anyone using more than 64GB in a mac pro 2013, noticed a couple of companies are selling 32GB modules now.
    Anyone used these?
    Cheers
    Gareth
    10-05-2017, 05:21 AM
  • jmhinchey
    Which Mac
    by jmhinchey
    I'm trying to decide between an iMac and a Mac Pro. Any thoughts on the matter?
    Thanks.
    09-26-2007, 10:46 AM
  • shaunx
    Why buy a Mac?
    by shaunx
    Is there a special benefit to purchasing a Mac? Appearantly, alot of people here own one. I don't get it Should I?
    12-27-2007, 06:40 AM
  • Blacknight
    Mac users USB hub question
    by Blacknight
    As the number of USB holes available to me slowly dwindle, i find that my thoughts turn toward the possibility of a hub in my future. I figure there is SOMEONE out there who can tell me what a good one is for the MAC. Seems to me that I heard there were some that weren't so good, and I wish to avoid...
    11-22-2002, 08:34 PM
  • underarock
    Where is the new Mac Pro
    by underarock
    I am in this crazy holding pattern waiting to upgrade my mac pro to accommodate my workload. The Mac Pro is seemingly either dead or forgotten. All we have is speculation and no real news on what Apple is doing with the product line.

Please everyone express your need and tweet @apple...
    03-13-2012, 04:26 PM
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac pro question

Hey
    I've been using Mac Pro's for years, for some reason I was always told to only add memory to three of the four slots. Does anyone know why this ever arose and is it good practice?
    I've always filled the slots but often wondered it I'm wasting my time.
    Gareth

Re: Mac pro question

The 2009-2010 mac pros used tri channel memory meaning that maximum bandwidth was available with slots populated in multiples of three. I think some of the other oems had 6 dimm single socket machines, but anyway, performance in actual use was never found to be significant. I tried to find some better published reference, but this is the best I can find at the moment. This was a common topic a couple years ago. It could matter more today if memory bandwidth was a primary bottleneck in your workflow. More often it's just a matter of enough contiguous available memory.

Comment

Working...
    X