Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell S Series S2240M 21.5 Inch for Retouching.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitors: Dell S Series S2240M 21.5 Inch for Retouching.

Hello,

I'm already having a Wide Gamut expensive LCD monitor for my retouching. In my office for the juniors I need to buy less expensive monitors.

I searched through the companies and came to this monitor.
    http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/topi...dhs&redirect=1

This monitor have
    (1) Glossy Screen (is it make any difference)
    (2) Ips Panel
    (3) 178 viewing angle

Can anyone please tell me it would work for the Photoshop ? please give me your valuable opinions.

Thanks.

Ashish

Re: Dell S Series S2240M 21.5 Inch for Retouching.

You don't want a Glossy screen! You do want another wide gamut to get close to the other display(s). Maybe you can find the old NEC P221W or go for their entry level SpectraView.

Comment

it means glossy screens are not appropriate in retouching ?

Comment

Glossy screens reflect like a mirror - you'll end up trying to retouch your nose!

Comment

Originally posted by ashphotoart View Post
          it means glossy screens are not appropriate in retouching ?
          Less then ideal. If you can avoid them, do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Repairman View Post
            Glossy screens reflect like a mirror - you'll end up trying to retouch your nose!
            Very true! I can't do any retouching work until it gets dark outside, otherwise I see reflections of everything in my room in my glossy screen. Definitely avoid getting glossy screen!

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaKuzmenko View Post
              Very true! I can't do any retouching work until it gets dark outside, otherwise I see reflections of everything in my room in my glossy screen. Definitely avoid getting glossy screen!
              This would be others avoid them. Guessing you own something like an imac?

Comment

Exactly

And it's 27", so I can see my entire living room reflected in it on a sunny day. Don't get me wrong, I love the machine, but it's inconvenient if you have to do a lot of retouching every day. I just always retouch in the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaKuzmenko View Post
                  Exactly

And it's 27", so I can see my entire living room reflected in it on a sunny day. Don't get me wrong, I love the machine, but it's inconvenient if you have to do a lot of retouching every day. I just always retouch in the evening.
                  I can understand their appeal when it comes to specs relative to price, but that reflectivity would annoy me. I can understand why you'd need to wait until evening. Stray light isn't ideal on any display really.

Comment