Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitors: Dual monitor calibration

Hello,
    For a few days I struggle to calibrate my dual monitor setup (Dell XPS15 laptop and Dell S2240M monitor). I used Eye-One to calibrate them and I'm pretty happy with laptop monitor profile, but the external one looks too cold and greenish. However I LOVE how Photoshop changes the colors when I drag a photo on the external monitor (at first its greenish, but then it adjusts and looks great). I don't quite understand how this all color profiles thing works and how Photoshop uses profile of the primary monitor (that's what I remember from reading somewhere). So I wonder if there is any possibility to adjust the external monitor like Photoshop does?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Re: Dual monitor calibration

You'll have to make the better (wider gamut, brighter) display match the lesser quality display for one. Not ideal but doable. You'll very likely need good calibration software that has enough control to tweak the calibration aim points on the better display to mimic the lesser display too. IOW, setting both to identical settings isn't going to produce a match (I know, it should).

The difference you see in an update (ugly green, then OK) is probably to be expected as the new profile updates as you move the image across from screen to screen.

See: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...too_dark.shtml

It explains how the calibration settings have to be adjusted to taste to match what you wish to match.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Jeff F
      Can Monitor Calibration Devices Flag a Bad Monitor
      by Jeff F
      I'm asking this here because I'm currently reading Richard's book on PSE 4. It occurs to me that no amount of calibration can fix a monitor for which the colors at the edge of the screen do not match the colors in the center. And I'm sure that there are other monitor problems which cannot be eliminated...
      10-08-2006, 11:25 PM
    • santoro80
      Photoshop and monitor calibration
      by santoro80
      I just bought a new monitor (LG IPS235) and when I open Photoshop CS6, this message pops up: "The monitor profile "LG IPS235" appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software." (BTW, I didnt run any calibration software and I dont think my monitor has any calibration...
      07-25-2012, 06:57 PM
    • Syd
      Calibrating a Dual Monitor Setup
      by Syd
      How do I calibrate for a dual monitor setup? Surely, in order for it to be accurate you need a profile for each monitor? Is there a way to do this? Or should I just calibrate my main monitor and forget about the other? I have a CRT which I connect up to my laptop. The laptop's colors, even though...
      09-16-2007, 08:01 AM
    • cinderella
      Calibrating my LG W1952Q flat monitor
      by cinderella
      Hello Old Friends,
      I turn to you in desperation.
      I'm having a lot of difficulty calibrating my LG W1952Q flat monitor. I've tried several free techniques including Adobe Gamma. Others were from scarse.org and quick gamma.
      After reading your tut on AG I wonder if running Adobe Gamma...
      05-17-2009, 12:52 PM
    • Caravaggio
      Guidance on purchasing a monitor
      by Caravaggio
      Hi, It has been a few years since anyone has posted any recommendations on monitors for retouching. I was wondering what people's current recommendations are?

I'm currently using an iMac, 5k, retina 27", late 2015, calibrated with colormunki, as my main monitor. I know Apple monitors...
      10-21-2017, 05:10 PM
    Working...
    X