X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chain
    replied
    Re: Why is this happening?

Ps: Once you've gotten it scanned at a size that doesn't cause moire when viewing it 1:1, you could use an FFT-filter to remove the repeating patterns from important images.

Leave a comment:

• Doug Nelson
    replied
    Re: Why is this happening?

Moire. Try increasing the scan PPI. It's an interference pattern, so "more" might not be the perfect solution. An intermediate number might actually work better. Be aware that the pattern might not be in the actual scan, but in your viewing at less than 1:1.

Leave a comment:

• ehsteve
    started a topic Why is this happening?

Why is this happening?

So my mother-in-law scanned several photos for me to work on, and they all have this problem. I don't know what kind of scanner she has. What might be causing it? And how do I tell her to make it go away?

http://postimg.org/image/4jt3jzfx9/

Related Topics

Collapse

• arcadhia
    Gustave Dore
    by arcadhia
    This are two great Artworks [wood plates] from Gustave Dore... I'm creating a poster from them, but I' trying to remove the wood texture or improve the image... I ran a few methods [i.e. Moire Removal, Gaussian Blurs] but it doesn't look right... I lose a bit of definition, does anybody knows a better...
    06-23-2005, 04:24 PM
  • mirwolf
    Help removing lines in a scan.
    by mirwolf
    Hi all. i was wondering if anyone knew how to remove these lines in this scan. these are due to the material that the photgraph is made of. it seems to be a somewhat reflective umm grid/canvas like material? when i scanned it the light seemed to reflect of the lines. heres the pic. thanks in advance!...
    08-06-2003, 12:59 AM
  • Blueline
    Scanned images color problems. Please Help!
    by Blueline
    I've started scanning all my old album artwork and have noticed a brightish line running through all of my pictures and I can't seem to figure out how to stop it from happening.
    It seems to be caused by the calibration bar (?) in the centre of the scanner, whatever part of the image is placed...
    06-09-2009, 06:48 AM
  • KevinBE
    Silverfast AI
    by KevinBE
    Does anyone have the AI version of Silverfast? I am really getting into the LE version that came with my Epson 2450. I really like what I can do with it. Their approach to making the tonal corrections in the scan is really good. I also like the descreen filter, it really works well. Only problem...
    11-30-2002, 06:55 PM
  • cherbette
    Remove scan pattern old 45 sleeve (losslessly?)
    by cherbette
    Is there a way I can remove this block pattern from this scan without losing detail? I have a bunch of others I'd also like to use that all have similar issues and were scanned with the same settings.

04-20-2015, 08:22 AM
Working...
X