Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface sheet replacement help

Hey all
    The wear and tear on my tablets surface has gotten past the point of annoyance for me now. I have a few spots on the surface where my pen gets slightly hung up.
    I'm using a Wacom Intuous3 PTZ-630. I really love my tablet and not interested in buying a new one. I would love to replace the surface sheet though.
    I've searched fruitlessly through the web but couldn't find a place that still sell them.
    Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Surface sheet replacement help

If you don't require the exact same feel, you can find plastic sleeves or folders in stationary stores that can be cut to size and taped in place. The surface is a bit slicker but you get used to it. My original tablet, and Intous 1, used such a sheet of plastic standard. The idea being you could put a drawing or photo under it and trace it with the tablet.

Anyway, it's an option. Saves your nibs too -- though to be honest, I never had a problem of excessive wear with any of my tablets, including the often reviled Intuos 4.

Comment

Originally posted by ksparticus View Post
      Hey all
      The wear and tear on my tablets surface has gotten past the point of annoyance for me now. I have a few spots on the surface where my pen gets slightly hung up.
      I'm using a Wacom Intuous3 PTZ-630. I really love my tablet and not interested in buying a new one. I would love to replace the surface sheet though.
      I've searched fruitlessly through the web but couldn't find a place that still sell them.
      Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
      You could use the intuos4 cover sheet.
      If the size is a bit smaller: just go for the next bigger size and trim it down.
      (I did that once on an older Intuos2 with an intus3 cover sheet)

Comment

Just Bumping this one - I just went to order some new surfaces for my 6x A4 Intuos 3's all long standing, well serving members of the team here - Wacom have STOPPED producing replacement skins for these - I'vee found a few in stock and bought them, but means when these ones start to wear, I'll either have to update to newer tablets - at huge cost for 6 of them or figure out a hack to make my own, which is why I'm posting here - has anyone had any luck with home made or retrofitted surfaces on their Wacom, if so, could you run me through it? I've noted I could buy the Large Intous A3 Skin, and cut it in half to almost fill the area of my A4 Intuos 3... Any other thoughts / hacks / advice?

Comment