Which PC to choose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which PC to choose

Thanks for the info Insmac,this is becoming a bit of a minefield,looking at my existing laptop (Acer Aspire 5750),i am considering keeping this,it's a few years old now but still working,may upgrade the hard drive from 500 GB HDD,i have 8GB DDR3 memory,it has intel core i5 2.4Hz processor,am thinking of taking everything off of it and using it purely for Photoshop and buy a cheaper one or similar for my everyday things,been looking more into monitors,this seems to be the most important piece of equipment,am looking at Eizo Foris FS2333 23" monitor.
    Any opinions on this?
    Regards
    Paul.

Comment

Do not buy it. It is not for colour-critical workflow by any means.

Get EIZO CS230 instead. It's a superb screen for the price. Worth every penny.

Comment

Many thanks for the input insmac,i can just about stretch my budget to that,i would rather spend a little more and get something that is up to the job and will last years,i'm guessing i still need a colour calibrator for it?
        Paul.

Comment

Yeah but with this one you can rent one from a friend or somewhere else and once the initial calibration is done the built in self correction sensor will adjust the settings to maintain the calibration within a prolonged period of time.

In other words, this is quite frankly the best screen you can get for that price and a superb screen overall.

Comment

Eizo CS230 has been ordered,should be with me tomorrow :0)

Comment

Originally posted by Bristolpaul1 View Post
              Eizo CS230 has been ordered,should be with me tomorrow :0)
              Well, do you like it?

Comment

Not at the moment,can't get it to work,coming up No signal :0(

Comment

Haven't posted on here for some time as i have had a busy time of it lately,i finally got monitor to work,bought an HDMI cable,the colours are so different,really impressed,i have managed to borrow a colour callibrator but am not sure if i have to callibrate my monitor each time i use it or do i just callibrate it the once and then that's it,i just switch off the monitor and it remembers the callibration in future?
                  Can anyone give me any advice on this,
                  Many thanks,
                  Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Bristolpaul1 View Post
                    Haven't posted on here for some time as i have had a busy time of it lately,i finally got monitor to work,bought an HDMI cable,the colours are so different,really impressed,i have managed to borrow a colour callibrator but am not sure if i have to callibrate my monitor each time i use it or do i just callibrate it the once and then that's it,i just switch off the monitor and it remembers the callibration in future?
                    Can anyone give me any advice on this,
                    Many thanks,
                    Paul.
                    Hi Paul
                    When you calibrate your monitor it is done with your monitor in a specific condition such as the OSD settings (mode, brightness, contrast, etc). The calibration and profiling is actually only valid for those fixed settings.

So after you calibrate, if you make changes in your OSD or any other setting then the calibration is not valid. Now you might get away with the brightness setting some if you now where to set it back to when doing critical photo editing. Things can get quite far off if you change from a mode of standard or custom and change it to a provided built in color space (if provided) could throw things off if not put back to where it was (if you can even do that).

A second case for needing calibration is that monitors drift eventually over time. It happens so slow you may not notice it over a years time. The best monitors will be more stable over time and the least expensive may shift more.

I would worry less about this second case and more about changing OSD settings (especially if you have growing inquisitive children that like to push buttons

Hope this helps.

Comment