Got my ViewSonic today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my ViewSonic today

About 2 hours ago, the UPS man showed up with my new ViewSonic monitor. I don't have the answer as to why, but it looks much better than the Sony did, and I saved a more than a few bucks too.

Ed

Cool, enjoy your new monitor Ed! that's interesting, I'll have to take a look at the viewsonic monitors next time I need one.

- David

Comment

That sounds great Ed. I have an A90f Viewsonic that I really like. I have been doing a dance around my wife's PC hoping her monitor would fail. That way I could give her this monitor and I would be able to buy a 21". So far I'm doing the wrong dance or something, it's not working.

Comment

Hey Kevin, if you have a bunch of kids, and you're an old man, maybe you'll get lucky. My kids and my wife went together and bought it (the Sony) for me for my birthday last month. I've been using a ViewSonic EF70, and I was pretty impressed with it. But the 19 inch beats it hands down.

Ed

Comment

I just got a Viewsonic G90f the other day and it has a definate warmer yellow cast to the center area of the screen. i am pretty dissapointed in it.

Comment

If I were you, I would call tech support. I'm hoping their customer service is as good as Sony's. Keep us updated on this. Mine looks perfect.

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Schwartzie
              I just got a Viewsonic G90f the other day and it has a definate warmer yellow cast to the center area of the screen. i am pretty dissapointed in it.
              You might want to check to see if the monitor has a temperature setting. If it's set to something like 5000k and you are used to looking at a screen set to a "cool" 9300K, things are going to look odd at first.

Comment

that's what I was going to recommend trying, but then I couldn't remember what it was called (it only says "color" and then the numbers on my monitor) I've done some tweaking of the settings and found that it can really help if your screen looks slightly off color.

- David

Comment

Wouldn't the color temperature affect the whole screen instead of just the center portion? I sure thought it did when I changed mine.

Chuck, that's good to know. Now I can sleep easy.

Ed

Comment

whoops! should have read the post more carefully.. if it's only in the centre of the monitor, then it's most likely a defective product, changing the color temperature will affect the entire screen and it's something you should change if you notice that the whites on your screen are appearing too far off white or too bright white on the other extreme.

- David

Comment

ahh...good point Ed! It probably is defective although unshielded speakers can sometimes cause strange discoloration...or it might be something more "supernatural".

Comment

Warmer color in center of screen

I have a ViewSonic (best monitor ever, IMO) and don't think there is anything wrong with Schwartzie's equipment. It just has to be adjusted. Read the instructions on how to do this. Mine was like that too when it came out of the box, and my hubby did the adjustments...worked great...perfect pic now. Wish I could tell you more about how to do it, but I just sat here and watched and said "okay, that's good" and so on as he did the adjustments. Only took a minute or so...no big deal.

Phyllis

Comment

How to fix discoloration on screen

Okay, I asked my hubby how he fixed the discoloration on my screen. I have a ViewSonic Pro PF790 and this works for this model at least...he didn't know if the menu items are available on all models.

What you do is find the menu button on the front of the monitor then go to color purity. You can adjust color by area of screen there...upper right, lower left, center, etc. And you can also use the hourglass shape etc. to square up the corners of your screen and get everything nice and straight. On this model, at least.

Hope this helps.

Phyllis

Comment

This is a different warmer yellowish color to the center of the screen with around three inches on the sides being much cooler color. It doesnt matter what the temp is set to this difference still shows. Color temp change should be even over the whole screen not variable. I called Viewsonic and he said it is defective. I just got it from Gateway and he said they should send a replacement and pick up this one. I called Gateway but the order hadn't even cleared yet so will have to call back next week.

I also tried two different cords on it and tried it plugged into the UPS and into the wall circuit. No difference anywhere.

My old Mitsibishi made Quantex monitor had adjustments to separately adjust color on the four corners but this one doesnt. This is the G90f Graphics series, not the Pro series. This monitor doesnt have controls to correct offset either. By this i mean what will show as a slight offset shadow color to text.

The Mitsubishi also gave numbers on the adjustment chart so you could change something and easily go back to what you had before which this one doesnt. However I thought that as that was just the standard that came with my computer, this Viewsonic would be much better and have at least teh same amount of controls

I have had two monitors that have given up the ghost, both from the on/off switch breaking. Now i dont use it and turn it off with the UPS.
                            Last edited by Schwartzie; 01-25-2003, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X