Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: recommendations on a new scanner

Originally posted by Tony W View Post
    TBH the comparison is not meaningful. They really should be from the same negative and both examples should be made to get the best out of each scan then a cropped section displayed
    Absolutely agree.

Comment

Nope. It's not a test. It's just for fun, take a wild guess and so on. There are plenty of good reads available - there is a review somewhere which compares both the Coolscan and Imacon as well as Epson v750 and some other manufacturers and spans to 100 (one hundred) pages PDF file, covering every single detail you can think of.

Comment

http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/...47.0;topicseen
        Jump on this, you might get an Imacon (which WILL blow the doors off the Epson and Nikon) for $1400.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewrodney View Post
          http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/...47.0;topicseen
          Jump on this, you might get an Imacon (which WILL blow the doors off the Epson and Nikon) for $1400.
          Now you are talking! At a price that is less than asking price of many Nikon scanners on the bay. Some enterprising person could probably buy it and recover the cost by offering a high quality scanning service

Comment

You can buy the latest HP Scanjet 8270 Document Flatbed scanner. The price is not very much but it is very powerful and will do your job perfectly. It has 4800 DPI. The most brilliant thing about it is it very energy efficient and it weights only 1.6 kg so You can carry it along with you.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Momadoodle
              Which scanner to buy?
              by Momadoodle
              I'm just starting a small business and have clients who want slides scanned. I have an HP that scans up to 3 slides, but has no dust removal software.

I would like to spend around $500 and am looking at the CanoScan 9950F, which seems to have been discontinued. Another option I've seen...
              01-12-2007, 12:04 PM
            • bmiller411
              Help With Scanner Selection
              by bmiller411
              Good morning, I'm doing research into what drum film scanner would be the best for me to buy at a good price.
              I have about 20+ years of negatives that I need to convert to digital. One heck of a job to do. I'm looking forward in working with you to find the best for my budget and to assist
              09-08-2014, 06:36 PM
            • KevinBE
              Film Scanner
              by KevinBE
              I don't know if anyone is interested but I bought a Minolta Speed Scan film scanner on ebay. I just couldn't pass it up because of the price. I know it's discontinued from production but it had a suggested retail of 1299.00 and it has had some good reviews. I think the last street price of this scanner...
              08-22-2003, 06:50 PM
            • Bruce Hayes
              To Buy A new Scanner
              by Bruce Hayes
              Im looking into buying a new flatbed scanner. I would like some input on some goodones. I don't need one that scans film I have a film scanner. Any help hould be nice

thanks
              Bruce
              08-22-2004, 01:19 PM
            • galemorgan
              Questions re: choosing a 35mm slide scanner
              by galemorgan
              This is my first post, so forgive me if I am not following proper protocol...

I have hundreds of 1940's and 1960's 35mm mounted slides (I think they are called "diapositives", whatever that means) that I want to digitize. Commercial rates locally are about $.75 per slide, but...
              08-23-2007, 01:40 PM
            Working...
            X