Turning calibration off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning calibration off

Having just purchased the Epson 3200 Pro, I got a copy of Monaco EZcolor2 in the box and decided to use it instead of Adobe Gamma for monitor calibration. I went through the wizard several times to make sure I had it right, and was reminded of how calibration, though essential for good print matching, really does degrade the CRT image for day-to-day work like emailing and forum surfing. So I made the decision to turn off calibration unless actually working in PS. I find the more contrasty and vivid colors easier on my eyes for reading.

Has anyone else noticed this, or come up with some other solution?
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

To be honest, I hadn't even thought about it! I'm curious what others have to say.

Jeanie

Comment

What I do...

Doug,

For my Epson 2400 Photo, I set the scanner to use a custom profile and convert it to Adobe RGB before transferring it to Photoshop. This is done in the Epson TWAIN driver.

This allows me to adjust the levels (or gray balance, etc) BEFORE the image it's Photoshop. My scanned photo's turn out 100% on the mark for colours and usually only needs a slight level adjustments to get the right contrast.

Oh, I've also used the Monaco System (probably not the same as what's included with the 3200) to calibrate the scanner... it worked very well for me.

Regards,

Eric Polsinelli

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Northernshadow
        Monitor calibration with Adobe Gamma?
        by Northernshadow
        I don't know much about calibration except if it looks and prints good it must be fine....
        Currently all I have to calibrate is Adobe Gamma, and just bought a Sony LCD HS75P monitor. Setting the black and white points seems to be no problem but I don't think I'm getting the gamma right. Everything...
        05-27-2005, 04:42 PM
      • Blacknight
        Epson 2400 Scanner
        by Blacknight
        Who has one of these? I've read the reviews everywhere. i was wondering who has actually played with one of these scanners and can tell me some personal experiences - if you liked it, what you felt were some problems, etc. Thanks in advance!
        12-25-2002, 11:41 AM
      • Michael Smith
        Print Preview problem in PS CS2
        by Michael Smith
        I have a LaCie 22" monitor which I calibrate and custom profile with a Monaco OPTIX-xr colorimeter and print on an Epson R2400 printer. Steep learning curve! I've gone to a lot of trouble and expense to get my color management just right and I'm almost there. My prints are just sightly darker...
        02-01-2006, 08:52 AM
      • MrEd1953
        LCD or CRT?
        by MrEd1953
        Hello all

I apologize if this question should be in the hardware forum but I really wanted you guys to answer if possible. I do a good bit of restoration work for a local gallery and I will probably need a new monitor soon. My question is (you guessed it) should I stay with a crt or buy...
        11-17-2004, 10:22 AM
      • roa51
        Calibrating a HP LP3475w
        by roa51
        HI,
        I have just calibrated my monitor(HP LP2475w) with a Monaco Optix-xr and a ASUS RADEON 9600se card, not completely happy with the outcome. Not sure what I'm looking for, but it dosn't seem to have that wow factor.

Current settings:
        Black Luminance: 0.18cd/m2...
        01-20-2009, 12:33 PM
      Working...
      X