Question for Vikki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Vikki

In a seperate thread you mentioned that your video card had an output to VCR. If it wouldnt be imposing, could You tell me if you had it installed as an aftermarket item and what the make is? Thanks in advance, Tom

The card is made by ATI. I bought it a few years ago, and I don't think they make the exact same model, but do still carry the type.
    It's sort of confusing when your looking for these things - too many options. Here's the model I have:
    ATI-3D Pro Turbo PC2TV (DirectX) - Rage II/II+

Basically, you want to get one that has a video out featue, like PC2TV. I have one of those small TV's with a built in VCR. You just go ahead and record as you would any TV show.

Before buying that, I had tried the gadgets that hook up between the two machine.....not good.

I installed this myself. Just pulled out the old video card, and popped the new one in, and installed the software - no rocket science there.

One final thing. I've tried a lot of slide show type software, and the best one for this is by Play. It's called Performer, and it comes bundled with a bunch of other programs, under the name Gizmos. I can't find the link to the company, as it looks like they must have sold their PLAY.COM to Sony. However, I think the software is still available in stores at about $40-$50 (maybe less now).

Hope this helps.~Vikki

Comment

Many thanks. That's info I needed. The local Historical Society is putting together a computer system to allow them to present slideshows etc. and they wanted to be able to output their computer generated stuff to video tape. This will give 'em a place to start and get me off the hook. Thanks again. Tom

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• thomasgeorge
        ATI"All-In-Wonder 128 Pro" video card
        by thomasgeorge
        For those looking to get into the "frame grabbing" game, this video card is well worth taking a look at. Priced around $198.00, it is not exactly cheap but the features it offers and the user friendly software which come with it are definately worth the expense. This card is 32 bit and allows...
        11-14-2001, 03:06 PM
      • Doug Nelson
        What causes video "smearing"?
        by Doug Nelson
        I have a fast computer, fast videocard, both with lots of RAM, but I also get a lot of video residual effects and "smearing". For example, if one window is in front of another and I close or minimize the front one, sometimes its ghost image is left behind until I do something to cause the...
        10-24-2006, 08:55 PM
      • Doug Nelson
        What's your video card?
        by Doug Nelson
        GPU acceleration has complicated the video card conversation, particularly since Photoshop has rather spotty support. But Lightroom 6 is due any day now, and reportedly will be 100x faster due to OpenCL acceleration.

So my question is, what vidcard do you use and would you upgrade for...
        04-12-2015, 02:47 PM
      • Sharon
        Video Cards
        by Sharon
        I am getting a new computer in several weeks. P4, 1.5 GHz and all the other goodies.

The computer comes with a Asus V7700 32mb GeForce2 AGP video card. My present computer has a Matrox Millennium G200 AGP video card. Does any one know if Asus is as good a Matrox?

Thanks....
        10-11-2001, 12:32 PM
      • chris h
        Video Cards
        by chris h
        My local warehouse has got some cheap Geoforce 4 video cards in stock with 128mg ram onboard. Does anybody use this type of card? I wondering if the upgrade would we worth it or are these chipsets aimed at games players. Using Geo 2 at the moment. Thoughts?
        09-13-2002, 08:27 AM
      Working...
      X