• Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• tranquilsea
    Stupid ? #1 Resolution
    by tranquilsea
    I have been told that scanning any picture over 300 dpi is overkill. But I have also seen pictures that once they are blown up are pixelated. Is there any rule of thumb to use to balance quality with a smaller resolution?

The pictures that I have questions about, right now, range from...
    07-09-2007, 01:26 PM
  • maverick911
    Scanner Resolution
    by maverick911
    I have some small photographs (3½"x3½") to scan and enlarge slightly. What is the optimum resolution to use?
    05-11-2007, 11:50 PM
  • dkf10425
    Best way for quality enlargement from a scan?
    by dkf10425
    What is the best way to enlarge a scanned photo? I want the best possible quality. Should I scan at a high resolution then with resample image unchecked lower it until I get to the correct print size? Or should I scan at the resolution I am going to print then use Fractals?

Edit: I forgot...
    12-10-2007, 04:06 PM
  • DJ Dubovsky
    Scanning size percentage confussion
    by DJ Dubovsky
    Here's the question:
    Say I'm scanning a 5x7 and because I may want to make larger prints someday, I scan it at a high resolution to avoid resampling. Do I also scan that image at a higher percentage then the actual size? Instead of scanning it at 400dpi at 100% (actual size) would I also...
    09-08-2001, 07:35 PM
  • DanUK
    Screen resolution...
    by DanUK
    Hi
    I've recently learnt that when working with photo's in Photoshop the ideal resolution should be set to about 150ppi. Is this right? As my ppi is dictated to by my scanner, my files are generally much larger especially when scanning slides & negatives. I also print to a minimum of 800dpi...
    01-11-2006, 08:22 AM
Working...
X