No announcement yet.

Monitor advice please! 6bit +frc?

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• Northernshadow
    Monitor calibration with Adobe Gamma?
    Northernshadow
    I don't know much about calibration except if it looks and prints good it must be fine....
    Currently all I have to calibrate is Adobe Gamma, and just bought a Sony LCD HS75P monitor. Setting the black and white points seems to be no problem but I don't think I'm getting the gamma right. Everything...
    05-27-2005, 04:42 PM
  • Balky
    Anyone using an LCD Monitor?
    Balky
    Anyone using an LCD Monitor for editing? I am curious cause I just got a monitor and it seems something is off but I can't figure out what it is.

Everything looks beautiful, the minute I start looking at pictures that I had edited before... something that iwas supposed to be dark...
    08-14-2003, 09:18 AM
  • MrEd1953
    LCD or CRT?
    MrEd1953
    Hello all

I apologize if this question should be in the hardware forum but I really wanted you guys to answer if possible. I do a good bit of restoration work for a local gallery and I will probably need a new monitor soon. My question is (you guessed it) should I stay with a crt or buy...
    11-17-2004, 10:22 AM
  • Doug Nelson
    $35,000 Monitor
    Doug Nelson
    I'm not as interested in the size or gamut, but in its claim of "perfect smooth tone reproduction"

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2012/04/12/wh...35000-get-you/
    04-12-2012, 02:58 PM
  • lister110
    Calibrate BenQ E2220HD 21.5-inch Wide LCD 1080p
    lister110
    Hi Guys and Girls,

I need to calibrate a BenQ E2220HD 21.5-inch Wide LCD 1080p. for retouching. Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap calibrator. Or does anyone know a quick and dirty alternative (As I have some urgent work to do). To improve this monitor colour. At the moment it's quite...
    08-19-2011, 03:10 AM
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitors: Monitor advice please! 6bit +frc?

Hi! Can you please help me out a bit! My monitor broke and need to get a new one asap! Thank you sooo much! I do photo editing but don't have extremely high requierements from clients. I had a cheap lg monitor and thought I'd uprage a bit till I can get a really professional one (dell, eizo, etc) so I'm looking at low budget alternatives now. So, questions:

1- are 8 bit ips screens really that much improvement as opposite to: "8 bit (6 bit +frc)"?

2- is a 24" 1920x1080 screen ok for a graphics card resolution of 1920x1080 or will I see any pixels/jagged edges? I don't want that... I had a 22" and it was fine.

thanks so much!!!!

MTesa

ps. These are the two low budget I'm comparing... Besides size, is the 24 that much better in other parameters?
    Last edited by MTesa; 07-19-2018, 03:17 PM.
Working...
X