Son of Mouse Talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mouse died

I now have the problem I was mentioning to Chris, my MS optical mouse has taken to periodically turning it's LED completely off, which leaves it in an unrecoverable state. All I can do is unplug it and plug it back in, but that only helps for awhile.

Guess I'll go mouse shopping. Any new favorites in the optical arena?
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

The Logitech is still working ok and a pair of NiMh AA's run it for a month before recharging. Doesn't fit the hand as well as a Microsoft mouse though. If M'soft bring one out I'll have one.

Comment

This is so strange my mind is still reeling...

I called MS to ask about my mouse problem...they took my name and address and said they'd ship a replacement out right away! They didn't even ask for a credit card! And they told me not to ship the old one back!

Strange (but in a good way)
        Learn by teaching

Comment

Wow, can't beat that. Better than having to get a new one. My guess is that they already knew of this problem and have had to replace more than yours and that's why no questions were asked. But what counts is that you get a new mouse.
          DJ

Comment

That was my initial take, too. But then I started thinking that they are Microsoft, after all, so they probably knew who I was and everything MS related that I owned even before they answered my call.
            Learn by teaching

Comment

Hmmmm.......Sounds like one of those "Big Brother is watching" situations.
              DJ

Comment

I'm surprised Microsoft haven't brought out a cordless/optical mouse to compete with the Logitech model I've mentioned earlier. The latter in the six months I've used it has been totally reliable but I think the Microsoft mouse is the better shape. Am I right in assuming nothing has appeared in the US ?

Comment

Working...
                X