Print Problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print Problems.

A friend of my mothers has given me some photos of her and her husband.

I am doing a good job on that part, however, when I print the photo I don't have the same quality that is being displayed on my monitor (i.e. a great looking dark photo may be to bright in print; a good skin color may be to pale in print; an subject that has been darkened in photo shop, is still too bright in print).

How do I solve this problem now? As of now I am broke, I can't buy anything to solve this problem, or at least not until January. The only thing that is working in my favor is that my printer has a print preview feature that shows me what it will actually look like in print.

However, when you made all the permanent changes to the photo that feature does you little good.

If anyone has any advice on this matter please help.

Whew!! False alarm.

It turned out that my printer has the features that were checked. One of them is called Image Optimizer and basically what it does is correct colors, brightness, and tones.

So, it looked at my photo and said, "Oh, you really messed this up bad; let me fix it for you." However, that feature does a really good job, if you don't do the editing yourself.

Unfortunately, before I learned what caused the problem I messed up the photo trying to solve the final print problem. So, now I will have to start all over again with that photo. I sure hate it when I mess things up.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• sjm
      Am I ready to print out?
      by sjm
      any suggestions for improvement on this photo before I print?...
      11-05-2002, 08:27 AM
    • Gerald McClaren
      How to adjust printer or Photoshop to print 8.5X11
      by Gerald McClaren
      I have an Epson R800 and is using Photoshop CS2. I'm trying to increase a 5X7 photo to an 8.5X11. The problem that I'm having is that the top and bottom part of the photo keeps getting cut off. When I tried to print, I receive a warning that the image is too large for the paper and if I proceed,...
      05-08-2006, 04:55 PM
    • skiwolf9
      Not screenshots
      by skiwolf9
      What is the easiest way to print out from this forum the tuturials without loosing the last couple words? I have to print in the landscape mode on my printer or I loose a few words per line. When printing in landscape it uses twice the paper. Thanks G
      03-30-2006, 01:46 PM
    • ProAc_Fan
      headstone photo help
      by ProAc_Fan
      I've been enlisted by a family friend to create a 4X6 print to be used on a headstone. I was given a rather underexposed ( backlit) 5X7 print from about 15 years ago. I scanned the print at 600 dpi and extracted the deceased lady from the shot. I think I can do a decent job correcting the exposure but...
      03-05-2007, 05:40 PM
    • Ed_L
      Very Strange
      by Ed_L
      I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going goofy! This is the first time I experienced this, and I would like to know if anyone else has seen this before. I have an old photo of my wife when she graduated from 8th grade. The photo was beat up, cracked, faded unevenly, and came complete with a very poor background...
      10-07-2001, 08:33 PM
    Working...
    X