Print Problems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Print Problems.

A friend of my mothers has given me some photos of her and her husband.

I am doing a good job on that part, however, when I print the photo I don't have the same quality that is being displayed on my monitor (i.e. a great looking dark photo may be to bright in print; a good skin color may be to pale in print; an subject that has been darkened in photo shop, is still too bright in print).

How do I solve this problem now? As of now I am broke, I can't buy anything to solve this problem, or at least not until January. The only thing that is working in my favor is that my printer has a print preview feature that shows me what it will actually look like in print.

However, when you made all the permanent changes to the photo that feature does you little good.

If anyone has any advice on this matter please help.

Whew!! False alarm.

It turned out that my printer has the features that were checked. One of them is called Image Optimizer and basically what it does is correct colors, brightness, and tones.

So, it looked at my photo and said, "Oh, you really messed this up bad; let me fix it for you." However, that feature does a really good job, if you don't do the editing yourself.

Unfortunately, before I learned what caused the problem I messed up the photo trying to solve the final print problem. So, now I will have to start all over again with that photo. I sure hate it when I mess things up.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• sjm
      Russian print sizing?
      by sjm
      My son recently married a girl from Russia and I am now preparing photos to upload to her family in Russia. Are their print sizes the same as in the U.S? I don't want them to print a photo and then not be able to find a frame to fit it.
      09-29-2010, 09:09 AM
    • Bazza08
      print on Photo
      by Bazza08
      Hello All
      Hope you are all keeping well, I am trying to fix an old photo for my sister, it has been left next to a printed paper and some print has transferred onto the photo is there any way to remove this print from the photo, I have photo shop installed.

Thank you...
      12-19-2016, 08:56 AM
    • Jimmy
      Photo Editing; Useless with Printer.
      by Jimmy
      I have some old photos that a friend of mine gave me to restore.

It really was not a large assignment, because the photos were not in bad shape. They just needed a basic color correction and she wanted her husbands face to be a normal color. His face was really red from years of drinking....
      10-25-2003, 03:42 PM
    • Caravaggio
      simulating dot print look
      by Caravaggio
      Hello,

I am putting this in the retouching section because I think more users look at this part of RP and getting a solution is somewhat urgent for me. I am restoring an old print that has a dot print pattern on it. There is a vertical crease that runs down the center of the entire print...
      06-07-2013, 10:11 AM
    • cinderella
      print size/orientation
      by cinderella
      I have a large group photo (about 40 people) where the group is oriented along the 10" width and the height of photo is 8".
      I took my CD to WalMart for a print on their Fuji Frontier and the result was a chopped photo because it printed the group oriented along the 8" dimension....
      08-19-2003, 01:28 PM
    Working...
    X