xp cant see scanner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xp cant see scanner

OK, i have this problem i have a scanner here and it works in 98 and to the shop i bought it it also works considering it is winxp at their shop while mine at my house im usign xp and it wont work something about twain driver not found in the windows directory. i dont know what to do!!!!! HELP!!!! my scanner is artec btw very generic cuz this is only given by my aunt

scanner problems

Hi there,

Did you get the latest drivers for your scanner to work under XP. Many peripherals won't work unless you install the XP drivers (usually downloadable from the manufacturers site).

It solved my problems I had with my Epson scanner

Edwin
    (Netherlands)

Comment

Re: scanner problems

Originally posted by RedAlert
      Hi there,

Did you get the latest drivers for your scanner to work under XP. Many peripherals won't work unless you install the XP drivers (usually downloadable from the manufacturers site).

It solved my problems I had with my Epson scanner

Edwin
      (Netherlands)
      yeah i went to their site and i downloaded the xp drivers thing i dont know whats wrong really. so i want to ask si there a generic twain driver that works with all scanners in the market?? im not sure if this will solve it cuz i dont wanna be an xp user and not use my scanner right

Comment

No - the drivers are not generic. You will need to get updated drivers from the manufactuer's site. You will need to know what your operating system is (XP), and the exact model of your scanner. That should fix the problem.

Comment

Though I hope it's not the case, you should also be aware that XP made a lot of hardware obsolete. I'm not saying that's the problem in your situation, but it's worth investigating.
          Learn by teaching
          Take responsibility for learning

Comment

nah its not obsolete it works in the place i bought the scanner with but why is it it wont work with mine. i followed the instruction that came with it.... i really dont know how to make it work.

Comment

Is it USB? Maybe you need to check out your USB drivers (or whatever port it uses).
              Learn by teaching

Comment

how do i check out those usb drivers i mean it is detected by the pc, yet i realy dont know why. where can i get updated usb?? i thought its plug and play

Comment

I'm not sure if this is an option for you or not. Vuescan, a scanner software program, works with quite a few flatbed and most (all?) film scanners. I don't think you need a twain driver for it to work, as it is a stand alone program. The software is excellent and inexpensive. A trial version is available at www.hamrick.com . It is a working version, but until you purchase the software, you will see lines through the scan. But you will see the quality you can get while using the software. A list of supported flarbed scanners is available on the site. Good luck.

Ed

Comment

Go to the Start button, then Settings>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager and look for anything listed with a little exclamation point next to it. That means there's trouble with whatever that line item is.
                    Learn by teaching

Comment

None, there only comes a ? when i plug in the scanner usb to the PC. its under the imaging device though it dont have ? when scanner is not inserted.

Comment

The normal procedure is to install the driver software without the device installed, then plug in the device and reboot. That gives the plug and play something to work with.
                        Learn by teaching

Comment

Some USB devices are very temperamental as to their power requirements. If your PC has a minimal power supply and/or you have a high power graphics card, insufficient power could be being delivered to the USB device.

The easiest way to test this is to use a powered USB hub between the scanner and the PC.

Comment

on my pc with xp

I know this sounds silly but my scanner has to be on before I boot up the computer in order for it to be recognized, so does my external zip drive, I was told by micro tec that is a common fact with pcs and xp.

Comment