Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OVERALL which is better? Canon i9100 or Epson Stylus Pro 2200.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OVERALL which is better? Canon i9100 or Epson Stylus Pro 2200.

I'm going to buy one of these two printers and really can't make up my mind. Most reviews I've read from people who bought them gave about 4.5 out of 5 stars for the 2200 and about 5 out of 5 stars for the i9100...of course stars don't really mean anything but their reviews gave some good points which kinda lead me to believe them.

So let's talk about their pros and cons. There are so many pros in each of the 2 but also are about equal amount of cons in both.

OK this is all the info I gathered so far:
    (when I say pros n cons I mean their differences FROM each other, not in general ; )

i9100 pros:
    -costs about $200 less
    -a little better photographic printing quality due to the "The 2 pl droplet" - (2200 has 4 pl droplet )
    -A LOT FASTER
    -installs fast and easy to operate
    -cleanable heads

i9100 cons:
    -printed ink lasts ~25yrs
    -not enough paper choices for high quality prints (artists papers) - this is only what I've read, however if you go to Canon's website there are plenty papers to choose from, I just dont know if they're really good enough for their price.

2200 pros:
    -a little better b&w printing because it's got 2 kinds of black inks.
    -printed ink lasts ~90yrs
    -many great papers to choose from

2200 cons:
    -prints sloooower
    -costs $700
    -a lot of people had problems initially installing and running. Needs a lot of color managements at 1st.
    -their old styles known for their cloggin heads.

So do you guys think the info I gathered is pretty much accurate? If not please correct me and give me more details on the printer you have.

Anymore pros n cons to add?
    Thanks a lot.

You've done a lot of very good research.

Can't help you with your decision, but here's a pretty comprehensive review on the Epson 2200 (known as the Epson Stylus Photo 2100 A3 printer in the UK) if you haven't seen it:

http://www.photo-i.co.uk/

click on the 'reviews' button in the left frame and 2100 review.

~Danny~

Comment

I can't answer your question either. I've just recently switched to the i9100 from an older Epson and I'm delighted with the results. Would I be happy with the Epson. Absolutely. But for me the savings, print look, speed and quietness sold me on the 9100. I think most of my clients can live with a 25 year print. If they need archival, I'll farm it out. Before you buy, print a pic off both printers and compare. Which do you prefer?

Cheers
      Duv

Comment