Scanner for Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanner for Christmas

My gf wants a nice scanner for doing photo scanning, restoring, and printing. She currently has an epson photo printer that seems to do a nice job printing photo's taken on her digital camera, but the hp scanner that she currently has, doesn't do a good job. I am looking to purchase a scanner for her for Christmas and has narrowed it down to an Epson 1670P Photoscanner or an Epson Perfection 2400 Photo Scanner. She uses photoshop for doing her photo work, and has been using this product for both home, school and work for over 4 years (using version 6 now i believe).I am trying to find reviews on the web about these scanners but am unable to get a good idea of which is better or of another brand that is as good or better. I am looking for some imput on how the scanners are and maybe something that is in this price range of both of these scanners but maybe by another manufacturer. She likes to scan film and photo's. Any help would be appriciated.

thanx

Check out Doug's review of Epson 3200

http://www.retouchpro.com/reviews/ce...me=Doug+Nelson

Catia

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• nevets2001uk
      Scanner Recommendations
      nevets2001uk
      by nevets2001uk
      I'm considering the purchase of a scanner for use in restoring old photographs. This is going to be a hobby / small sideline initially so I can only justify a relatively small amount of money. Ideally I'd be looking to spend under £150.

I've seen the Epson Perfection v350 and HP ScanJet...
      05-22-2007, 10:10 AM
    • cducasse
      Scanner Recommendations????
      cducasse
      by cducasse
      I have grasped most of the techniques for photo restoration. I am going to be doing it on the side for extra money as jobs come in. However, I am wondering what scanners you all are using, and which one would be the best. I am interested in the scan format output...Adobe RAW, JPG, EPS (preferred)....
      09-02-2006, 01:53 AM
    • imann08
      Scanner and printer rec?
      imann08
      by imann08
      Does anyone have any recommendations of a good flatbed photo scanner that can do 16bit as well a laser color printer that you could recommend? Preferrably I would like one that has both in one but can't seem to find one. I also don't really have a lot of knowledge in this area so any help is appreciated....
      04-15-2006, 11:06 PM
    • Shifty1
      Epson Perfection 4180
      Shifty1
      by Shifty1
      Hi all, I'm new to the fourm and to retouching. I need to buy a scanner and saw a good deal for the Epson Perfection 4180. The specs say it has 4800 x9600 dpi. Is that over kill for a novice? Thanks, Carl
      10-17-2004, 01:50 PM
    • therestorator
      Best Scanner Epson or Canon?
      therestorator
      by therestorator
      Hi, im new here and hate to have my first post asking something from everyone but I am buying a scanner hopefully tomorrow and have had a horrible time deciding which is the best and was not sure to ask and have narrowed it down to about 2 scanners:
      the Epson Perfection 4490 and the Canon CanoScan...
      Epson Perfection 4490
      40.00%
      Canon CanoScan 8800F
      0.00%
      Other?
      60.00%
      07-03-2008, 02:33 PM
    Working...
    X