Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympus C50Z Focussing Problem

Hi all,

Just under a year ago I bought an Olympus C50Z digital camera. I wanted a small camera, 5MP, with manual features which were not available on other similar cameras, and this seemed to fit the bill judging by the reviews it was getting.

On the whole I am pleased with the results I get, except for in one major area - the autofocus in moderate to low lighting conditions is terrible. Even in a relatively well lit room, the focussing is slow to engage, and often doesn't reach a steady state.

Is anyone else aware of this problem with this camera? Could it be that mine is faulty?

Any comments appreciated,

Ian.

Hi Ian, it's a known annoyance. Join this group
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Olympus_405060/
    search around first, then ask about it. It's been discussed before, I'm sure people there have suggestions to improve this.

Another good reference for that camera is here
    http://www.molon.de/5050.html

Best of luck,
    Scott

Comment

Thanks Scott,

It is actually the C50Z I've got as opposed to the C5050Z, but I'll consult the yahoo group all the same. Seems to be a feature of Olympus models.

Ian

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• cinderella
        digi camera for landscape
        by cinderella
        Trying to choose a moderate price digi camera for landscape photos. Actually for my son who travels a lot. Want some manual control.

have been looking at some 10X optical zoom models. Does anyone have experience with camera shake? Some models talk about this:
        "Anti-Shake function...
        11-22-2004, 10:49 AM
      • stuart h
        Camera shake
        by stuart h
        Hi folks
        Does anyone know if the problem of camera shake can be cured AFTER the photo has been taken...?! I've tried layering the image in various blend modes with no luck & wondered if there is a miracle worker out there with a cure.
        Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
        10-02-2002, 05:31 AM
      • CJ Swartz
        Have you seen this camera strap?
        by CJ Swartz
        Got my daily tip from Photojojo.com, and thought it was worth sharing here. They have a link to the vendor, but also links to DIY tips on making one for yourself. (so it's not just a sales pitch.)

"...The smart bit is the little slider attachment that allows you to glide the camera
        10-10-2008, 01:25 AM
      • Sanda
        Digital Cameras
        by Sanda
        If you were to buy a digital camera what would you buy and why? What features are important to you and why?
        02-17-2002, 02:52 PM
      • Frank Lopes
        DxO Labs: camera sensors analysis
        by Frank Lopes
        Once in a while someone asks "how does camera X compare to camera Y?"

Because of the differences in lenses and technology, most answers are based either on perceived experiences or, even worse, hyped marketing material.

Now enters dxomark.com claiming to be able to...
        02-26-2009, 02:31 PM
      Working...
      X