Help plugging in card reader.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help plugging in card reader.

I have just purchased a USB 2 card reader/writer. I know the reader is hot-swappable but what about the memory cards? I have a CF, SM and xD card. Should I plug these in first to the reader and then the reader to the computer or vice-versa or doesnt it matter?

Thanks

peejay

I don't know about card readers, but I do have a USB hard drive, and there's two ways of configuring it. One caches information and can cause corruption if you disconnect it without running the disconnect procedure. The other is slower, but doesn't cache so you can plug and unplug with impunity. I'd check with your manual (or the manufacturer's website) to see if yours is similar.
    Learn by teaching
    Take responsibility for learning

Comment

I have a USB card reader (multi format) and I keep it plugged in all the time - just insert or remove the cards. No problems.

Christine

Comment

USB card reader

OK, thanks, will try using it that way.

Pat

Comment

I plug mine in as needed, then insert the card.

Comment

your card reader should have a "busy " light on it. most manufactures say not to remove the card when the busy light is on. Other than that I remove and plug cards in when ever needed

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Sobe203
              Memory Card Question
              by Sobe203
              I came across Kingston memory cards on amazon.com. They received good reviews and are low-priced.

A 1 GB SD memory card is $13.99
              A 2 GB SD memory card is $38.95

Is there a trick to this? I could buy three 1 GB cards and have 3 GBs of storage for the same price...
              09-27-2006, 10:05 PM
            • sinope
              Ati Radeon 7200
              by sinope
              My video card is an Ati radeon 7200 64mb sdr. Bios / Direct X show the card memory at 32mb.
              - I've updated bios, direct x & drivers.
              - Bios does not offer a way to increase the 32 to 64
              - Ati knowledgebase hasn't helped
              - Neither have emails to ati support
              09-23-2005, 01:19 PM
            • pavel123
              graphic card
              by pavel123
              I was considering increasing PC performance by putting in a new graphic card (currently I have an integrated with motherboard card, low budget solution from Dell). Does anyone have any experience....theoretically this should reduce workload on RAM and CPU....any suggestions for graphic card.
              06-12-2009, 07:53 AM
            • Don Majoros
              Dual Monitor
              by Don Majoros
              I would like to hook up a smaller 2nd monitor to my system,but not sure how to do it.Could anyone help?
              My system is:
              Gateway 933 w/348 mb Ram,30 gb hard drive,Pentium III processor,64mb nvidia geforce 2 gts graphics card w/tv out.All on Windows ME.
              Could anyone help lead me in...
              08-14-2002, 12:51 PM
            • albatrosss
              Need recommendation for video card
              by albatrosss
              I have been using Photoshop CS for about 4 years. My interest is to continue using it as a hobby. I find it relaxing and interesting but I have no desire to go beyond being a hobbiest. I own a Dell 4400 with 384 SDRAM, a 40 G HD and 1.7 MHz. The computer is 5 years old and because of my advanced...
              03-08-2007, 01:47 PM
            Working...
            X